Notices

Old 07-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
sindget41
Fanfic Idiot
sindget41 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500, PRS 505, PRS 300, iTouch
New Member from Park City, Utah

Hi Gang:

I have been reading this forum for many moons, using a T/X for all my needs. I just purchased a PRS 500, however, and thought I should get 'slightly' more involved.

Most of my content comes from fanfic sites for Harry Potter -- I finally exceeded the capacity of my Mobiread software in the T/X, so now I'll start filling up memory cards on the Sony. So far, txt to rtf is fine, but I probably should start looking at prc and pdb converters too.

-- Bob
sindget41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi Bob,
Glad you got "visible" and are joining in with the discussions!

I still read on my Treo 700p, even though I love the Sony Reader (mostly because it's always with me, plus occasionally I want the backlight also).

Let us know what you think about the Reader!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead.

If you are going to do conversions, head over to our Wiki pages and check out the converters listed there. I use BookDesigner and can output to LRF format for the Sony Reader and PDB/PDC for eReader and MobiPocket.

You can also fill up on content in the download section. There are hundreds of books hand formatted for the Sony Reader there. There is also a new section for MobiPocket too.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
sindget41
Fanfic Idiot
sindget41 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500, PRS 505, PRS 300, iTouch
Thanks for the intro reply guys!

I do enjoy the Sony a lot! I had held off on getting one for 1/2 year, worried about lack of conversion programs into LRF, but there is enough out there to keep me happy now. I was surprised how easy it is to convert TXT using Word to RTF.

Most of my T/X books (HP fanfic) are in PRC format -- I would love to find a bulk converter for that format -- I will, however, give BD a trial for some of my stuff -- one file at a time :-(
sindget41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindget41 View Post
Most of my T/X books (HP fanfic) are in PRC format -- I would love to find a bulk converter for that format
Depending on which PRC they actually are, the Amber Palm Convertor may be of some help to you, at least as as getting the files out of that format. It does do batch conversions.

However, unless you want to use RTF (which works fine, as you've discovered for yourself, you just lose a few bells and whistles by not doing LRF, is all ), you'll still need to convert them from there, but this might help you on the front end. Depending, as I said, on which PRC you're using.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindget41 View Post
Thanks for the intro reply guys!

I do enjoy the Sony a lot! I had held off on getting one for 1/2 year, worried about lack of conversion programs into LRF, but there is enough out there to keep me happy now. I was surprised how easy it is to convert TXT using Word to RTF.

Most of my T/X books (HP fanfic) are in PRC format -- I would love to find a bulk converter for that format -- I will, however, give BD a trial for some of my stuff -- one file at a time :-(
Once you have the book sorted in RTF format, load it into Book Designer and format it from there and you'll have a nicely formatted book with a ToC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote