Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #31
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Revenge of the Cootie Girls by Sparkle Hayter is free on Amazon

A Girl's Night Out on Halloween goes awry after Robin's naive young intern calls from a married man's closet, then disappears.
Thanks! This is part of a series btw. I read it a couple of years ago in paperback and found it very enjoyable.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #32
RVnook
RVnook began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK First Edition
I see nearly all of these listings are for the Kindle. What about for the Nook? Or is this just a slow month so far? This is my first time checking this section out, so I'm not sure what I should expect in terms of listings for e-readers other than the Kindle. Thanks.
RVnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #33
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnook View Post
I see nearly all of these listings are for the Kindle. What about for the Nook? Or is this just a slow month so far? This is my first time checking this section out, so I'm not sure what I should expect in terms of listings for e-readers other than the Kindle. Thanks.
SQDancer added a link to Kobo for Revenge of the Cootie Girl by Sparkle Hayter. It is still free today and DRM free so that you can sideload it to your Nook (same epub format).

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Reven...SPQ/page1.html

You can download any book from Amazon (or anywhere) that states Simultaneous Rights (DRM free), convert it in Calibre to epub format, and then sideload it.

People generously contribute sales and links as they find them. You are not bound to the B&N store. When I first got my Nook I loaded it with DRM-free books from Amazon. Calibre to organize and convert your library is simple to download and use.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
RVnook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
You can download any book from Amazon (or anywhere) that states Simultaneous Rights (DRM free), convert it in Calibre to epub format, and then sideload it.
I was not aware of that or aware that Amazon had any such books. I don't suppose there's an easy way to find them? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #35
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
In addition to what Belle said: Amazon just provides more freebies than any other store, so it is really to your advantage to learn how to convert. There is a Calibre forum here if you need help with that.

The daily nook deals are posted in Arcadata's thread. Also, you can get non-DRM EPUBs at Fictionwise and there is usually a coupon every week so look for those. Most of the agency book deals will also be available at Kobo and B&N.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #36
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was not aware of that or aware that Amazon had any such books. I don't suppose there's an easy way to find them? Thanks.
She means if the free books we post from Amazon say simultaneous device usage: unlimited they are DRM free. There is no list of all DRM-free books.

Example:

Product Details
File Size: 547 KB
Print Length: 203 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited

Last edited by NightBird; 11-08-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #37
RVnook

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
The daily nook deals are posted in Arcadata's thread. Also, you can get non-DRM EPUBs at Fictionwise and there is usually a coupon every week so look for those. Most of the agency book deals will also be available at Kobo and B&N.
Is it easy to find non-DRM epubs, or is it more like finding needles in a haystack?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #38
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks for the head's up on these.

I picked them all up, plus "The Flesh Eaters" (a sleazy/pulpy horror novel), from Fictionwise.

By the way, he also has a humorous mystery under a pseudonym, in case anyone is interested.

Don
I read some of the sample of The Flesh Eaters - Pretty gruesome!

Good writing, though.

What is the pseudonym?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #39
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Is it easy to find non-DRM epubs, or is it more like finding needles in a haystack?
Most of the smaller/Indie publishers don't use DRM; most of the big publishers do, although Tor has now discontinued theirs so there is hope.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #40
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Hmmmm...I like the Simon Hawke books, but am usually quite suspicious of the "fans of Famous Author Jane Doe will also like this book by Unknown Author Richard Smith" type of claim - it so often isn't the case!

Oh well, for free, I guess I can give it a try!

Thanks, NB!
Oh I don't pay any attention to that crappola.

YW.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #41
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you for the information!

Now, with the re-release in ebook format of these 'forgotten' novels, perhaps he might come out of retirement......

Don
YW. Well, ya never know.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #42
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
I read some of the sample of The Flesh Eaters - Pretty gruesome!

Good writing, though.

What is the pseudonym?

"An Old-Fashioned Mystery," by Runa Fairleigh (Pseudonym of L. A. Morse).

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8204029712.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	95747  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #43
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
We Are the Hanged Man by Douglas Lindsay is free from Blasted Heath today.

When the latest hit reality TV show, Britain's Got Justice, needs an expert police panellist, DCI Robert Jericho's boss thrusts him into the media spotlight, knowing full well that Jericho has been desperate to avoid the limelight since his wife's unexplained disappearance ten years ago.

With the press now hounding his every move, there's nowhere to hide.

Meanwhile, a killer, newly released from prison, resumes the bone-chilling handiwork for which he was locked away thirty years earlier.

Sinister tarot cards turn up on Jericho's desk, each one more grotesque than its predecessor. As he investigates a series of seemingly unrelated deaths, he becomes aware that a noose is gradually tightening around his throat.

Someone is setting him up for a neck-breaking fall.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #44
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
"An Old-Fashioned Mystery," by Runa Fairleigh (Pseudonym of L. A. Morse).

Don
Thanks!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #45
NightBird
Wizard

Free - Tough Cookie by M. Ruth Myers. This is the sequel to her previously free book No Game for a Dame.

Quote:
When Depression-era private eye Maggie Sullivan is invited to dine with a millionaire, she doesn’t expect the first course to be a gun in her face. It draws her into a gold-plated web of theft, revenge, double crosses and murder.

A big-time swindle has made fools of some of the city’s wealthiest businessmen. The man behind it has vanished. When Maggie begins asking questions, he reappears – dead in the river. But she’s already learned too much. Someone’s out to silence her too.

Armed with her .38 and a nip of gin, Maggie closes in on a killer as a mobster offers a hint, a cop unsettles her with his chemistry, and a woman with deadly potential plays a game by her own rules.