Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Not sure if I'm charging via PSP plug

Hi There

I've noticed a strange behaviour with my device while charging if via a mains PSP 5.2 charger.

My device ran down to empty (despite the meter showing half full, but thats another gripe) and so I plugged it into the PSP charger I have brought.

A red light showed up on the device and so I left it to charge next to where I was sitting.

I noticed that after half an hour or so that the red light had gone off, so I unplugged the charger and put it back in again, and low and behold the red light came back on....for about 5 minutes. I turned the device on and the little lightning icon near the battery meter was active even though the red light had gone off.

There is also a light on my PSP charger that turns from red (while drawing power) to green (when not drawing power) which was also on green, suggesting my device was not charging.

now either, the 505 takes next to no time to charge, in which case I'm just providing a little top up every time I reconnect the plug for a few minutes until it stops charging, or there something else going on here.

Can anyone help reassure me that my device is charging correctly. 30-45mins seems like a very small amount of time for a full charge.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
When I use the AC charger to charge my 600, it usually takes about an hour, maybe a little longer, so 30 minutes does sound a little bit short. Does the battery symbol show full on the reader after the 30-45 min. charge?
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
yes, but I find the battery meter to be a poor judge.

Shouldn't the charger remain charging even after the device has full charge? on a trickle charge.

Or is it correct behaviour for the adapter to switch off once a full charge is delivered?
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote