Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
By opening it, and now by soldering stuff you just lose the waranty
Only if you break something.

Companies tries to fool consumer that they lose the warranty but that is another thing.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #47
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
No, if you do hardware modification or open a device, (if it is not user serviceable like the Cybooks or Sony PRSs) you will lose your waranty
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #48
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
No, if you do hardware modification or open a device, (if it is not user serviceable like the Cybooks or Sony PRSs) you will lose your waranty
That depends on the laws and EU regulations. These laws override what a company claims. In Sweden you do not loose the warranty if you open a device. Companies might try to claim that but they are lying.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #49
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
That depends on the laws and EU regulations. These laws override what a company claims. In Sweden you do not loose the warranty if you open a device. Companies might try to claim that but they are lying.
Yep, they try to make their own laws, like putting little stickers/seals on computers claiming you loose warranty by opening the case. And what they do with software licenses is legendary. I remember once opening a package, finding a sheet of paper inside saying "If you open the package you accept the terms...". So it's good to know your rights - google it or ask your local authorities or consumer advocates.
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:32 AM   #50
Groucho
Groucho began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I received an email from BOL.DE (where I ordered too) saying that they should receive stock in 1-2 weeks... so it looks like I have to keep the fingers crossed, I guess!
And finally I got the mail that they will be shipping the Opus today... at last!
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #51
Groucho
Groucho began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
And finally I got the mail that they will be shipping the Opus today... at last!
Just to say and to complete my soliloquy: the Opus arrived yesterday and I'm in love with it! Nice piece of hardware.
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote