Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
Haim_gds
Haim_gds began at the beginning.

Device: [M92] Onyx boox note
Calibre settings for M92?

I've started working with Calibre for converting text and E-Book files for using with the M92 and found the M92 Reader missing from the Calibre's supported devices and I didn't found any plugin for the M92 .

-When converting, in the "Page Setup" tab there is no Boox category.
-When trying to export a book there is no Boox category and M92.
-What is the best way (or best parameters) for converting an old DOS text files (less then 80 characters per line) to EPub format? I'd like to have the options for resizing fonts and modifying paragraphs size.
Haim_gds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Epub is a format which is not dependent on any device. It isn't a fixed layout format and acts as both input and output i.e. you can reflow text, resize fonts etc from within the reading software. Choose a general profile when converting files to epub. If you wish to modify epub files (paragraphs etc) ...better do it in sigil

On the other hand PDF is a fixed layout format. It is the one i prefer because i can make notes etc in M92. For converting my books to PDF :
1)on page setup i choose generic eink profile and give my preferred margins (10,16,10 and 6)
2)on PDF output tab: i choose custom page size as 5.5x8 inch and keep my font size 19 or 20 - it depends on my preferred font family
3) IF i am converting a programming book which has pre-formatted text, then i add this code is the extra CSS:
Quote:
pre {
white-space: pre-wrap;
}
This basically wraps the code (bring text to the next line which would otherwise get clipped)

Last edited by Feher; 07-06-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Haim_gds
Haim_gds began at the beginning.

Device: [M92] Onyx boox note
thank you Feher

By the way, after converting text to Epub I've noticed the reader break the line (with '-' in the middle of the word) all most in any page. Can I force the reader to break the line at the end of the previous word instead?
Haim_gds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
I have very little experience with custom epub files, I make my files in Sigil usually.

Another user should answer your query. Also, in which reader are you reading epub files and this problem exists with calibre converted epub file or any epub file?

Last edited by Feher; 07-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub