Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
markjoseph
markjoseph began at the beginning.

Device: nook kindle
Where did my Chapters Go?

I loaded an unedited epub into Sigil. Then edited it section by section, formatting using html and editing the text.

I created chapter breaks for each section I wanted to appear on a new page. There were about 50-60 of these. I planned on merging them later.

I hit Ctrl-Enter to create each section and renamed it, ie., Book Three a.xhtml; Atropos XI.xhtml, etc. Then I edited and saved with Ctrl-S.

I closed Sigil after a few days of this editing and reopened the file. The last two days of edits were gone.

It looked fine until I closed it. Everything was there. Upon reopening it had reverted to a March 21 version. The March 23 version (finished) is gone. I lost 20 hours of work.

Any thoughts? Thanks Mark

ps I'm using version Sigil 5.3
markjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
markjoseph
markjoseph began at the beginning.

Device: nook kindle
Solved! I forgot I had several versions with the same name in different places. I had been saving the changes to a version "hidden" on my C Drive. So it's all good.
markjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I bet you're relieved.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote