Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
bcg737
bcg737 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Hey guys, help me not waste my money....

So i bought and downloaded a bunch of MOBI files, and my sony ereader wont accept them, how can i convert them? or modify them?

Need exact steps please
bcg737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Try calibre which can convert multiple formats to epub or whatever...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
As long as the books aren't padlocked by DRM (Digital rights Management) software, Bcg, the free and excelent Calibre library software will do instantaneous conversions of Mobi files for you into ePub for your Sony. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If the ebooks do have DRM (encryption), then they are probably currently locked to your Windows MobiPocket Reader app. You need a 3rd party plugin for Calibre to strip the DRM on import, and then Calibre will be able to convert from MOBI to ePub. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for a good overview of DRM and what can be done about it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote