Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
wheelcipher
wheelcipher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Misidentification of device and SD Card

Hello ...

Just got my nook and put firmware 1.2 on it. Downloaded Calibre 0.6.40. When I plug the nook into the USB, Calibre sees the main memory (1.2 gig) as the sd card and sees my 8G micro sd card as "main memory"

Any idea why that might happen?

Thanks!
wheelcipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will identify the drive with the lower drive letter as the main memory on windows.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Wheelcipher

I do not know which OS you are using, but if it is windows then this is what you can do to ensure that the main memory gets the lower drive letter.

Go to contorl panel->Administrative tools and open Computer management console.

Then ppen the item under Storage labelled Disk Management (in th left hand list). This will take a few seconds and once you have the list of the drives displayed you identify the two nook related drives and change their drive letters to any available letters ensuring that the 1.2G drive has a lower letter.

You only need to do this once. Next time you connect your nook, this computer will remember the assigned drive letters.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote