Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Arrow Video Review of new Margins Settings tool in PDF Reader

Hi guys,

here is a new short video review to show you how new Manual Setting of margins in scanned PDF Documents works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltl3nv0C09I

As you can see here it is very easy to setup margins of your PDF documents on that device. You can adjust either universal margins for entire document or, If you want, you can set margins for odd and even pages separately like on presented video. It is especially very usefull if you read some older scanned books or documents.

This tool works fine in M92 as well as in i62HD series

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
lubab
lubab began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Thaaaaaaaaaaank u very much Booxtor
lubab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
Is this on the last released firmware update or is unreleased yet?
I don't recall having seen this.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
Is this on the last released firmware update or is unreleased yet?
I don't recall having seen this.
Here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164162
Last PDF Reader update
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
This new setting is great and I really appreciate your good work. But I still wonder why you dropped the auto crop margins function like it used to be in the old pdf reader?! It used to work great for all cases where there were unwanted margins. But now we have only this "auto crop" which doesn't work as well as the old and shows strange dashed lines, that don't have any sense to me.

What am I supposed to do if I have a pdf file where the margin is not that regular, e.g. a scanned pdf? There manually applying a crop area is not satisfying - still not with this enhancement described in the video.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
But I still wonder why you dropped the auto crop margins function like it used to be in the old pdf reader?! It used to work great for all cases where there were unwanted margins. But now we have only this "auto crop" which doesn't work as well as the old and shows strange dashed lines, that don't have any sense to me.
I also miss the old auto crop that worked with one tap, but it is possible to reproduce its functionality: for instance first select scrolling mode, and then auto crop level 1. The drawback is that it takes more tinkering and it can be tricky, but the new tools are also more powerful. Here's an example:

I constantly work with articles downloaded via a university connection. In this case, your downloaded copy often includes a vertical line at the far left or right of every page, mentioning something like "downloaded from www. example.com via University So An So on 5 January 2013". The old auto crop tool did not exclude this line, so I was only getting rid of the margin on one side of the page. But with the new tool it's possible to crop both left and right margins: Firstly set (universal or odd/even) margins, secondly select "to width", thirdly select "paper mode".

BTW, a small request. Booxtor, please make the selection boxes bigger on i62. While this tool is outstanding, I tend to have difficulty selecting the boxes with my (average sized) fingers.
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Thanks! I didn't have this one yet
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
@Booxtor : Thank for the video !

@Garagarin : Thanks for the solution.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
This new setting is great and I really appreciate your good work. But I still wonder why you dropped the auto crop margins function like it used to be in the old pdf reader?! It used to work great for all cases where there were unwanted margins. But now we have only this "auto crop" which doesn't work as well as the old and shows strange dashed lines, that don't have any sense to me.

What am I supposed to do if I have a pdf file where the margin is not that regular, e.g. a scanned pdf? There manually applying a crop area is not satisfying - still not with this enhancement described in the video.
Totally agree. I wish we can have them both
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote