Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #46
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
I am planning to release my scripts, maybe integrating the bash part into the python script***. As I am a perfectionist, I will do that after some polishing of the code. Unfortunately, I have a PhD thesis to submit next week, so do not expect me to publish anything before the following week.
Excellent, take your time. Have to see what happens when Bookeen sees me asking if the dictionary file specs might be available from them. Maybe it just takes enough people asking them that they just say: Hey we are tired of dealing with all those stpd requests, here it is full spec including how to integrate the language right.

Quote:
BTW, as I am on the job market now, if you have a vacancy in your team and you think it is the super-coolest job on Earth, let me know
Oh I am in no position to offer you a job. I work in a factory, wearing a blue shirt. At work I have to wash my hands twice, before going to the bathroom and after.

Quote:
*** I mixed the stuff because I know quite well Bash/awk and relatively little of python, so I coded the FS-oriented stuff into the Bash script and the text manipulation into the python script.
Well how you do it is none of my concern. As long as it is possible to run your script with freeware available for Windows. Oh no that does not include installing a VM and put linux on it - that would be a tat bit extreme.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #47
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We are passionate about what we care for and we love to do things well (when we do things, of course )
Is that like Jeff Dunham:

Jeff: So Jose, what do you do all day?
Peanut: He gets up in the morning, and then he takes a nap.
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #48
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Have to see what happens when Bookeen sees me asking if the dictionary file specs might be available from them.
Already sent them the same request... I was actually bold enough to ask for an SDK

Ok, I will try to move the Bash part into a python script, so that all non-Linux folks can use my script on their machines.

BTW, I sent them the following picture:

AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #49
DuckieTigger
Wizard

I second that, where do I sign?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #50
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
The French dictionary which is already included in these devices comes from a freeware Stardict created from a late-1800 French dictionary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diction...çaise_(Littré)
Nope, the Bookeen Version come from "Le Nouveau Littré" that is more recent than the one you find ( http://www.nouveaulittre.fr/ )
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #51
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Nope, the Bookeen Version come from "Le Nouveau Littré" that is more recent than the one you find ( http://www.nouveaulittre.fr/ )
Thank you for the correction. I should have missed the "Nouveau", thanks.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #52
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
As to the dictionary, Speaking of the (beta version) English dictionary, it's pretty bad.

It starts by presenting you with several choices for a word - these are the various definitions, with no information as to what is behind each. So you have to blindly tap on each item in the list, and then you get to see almost entirely unformatted text, describing one definition of the word.

There is quite a bit of information contained in the formatting of a dictionary definition, and this dictionary is missing all of it.

It's pretty bad.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #53
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
As to the dictionary, Speaking of the (beta version) English dictionary, it's pretty bad.

It starts by presenting you with several choices for a word - these are the various definitions, with no information as to what is behind each. So you have to blindly tap on each item in the list, and then you get to see almost entirely unformatted text, describing one definition of the word.

There is quite a bit of information contained in the formatting of a dictionary definition, and this dictionary is missing all of it.

It's pretty bad.
I agree, the version Bookeen put online is just the GCIDE (with a lot of examples, phonetics, etc. that are not useful on a e-reader) in the Odyssey format.

You can try this one that I helped putting together by "cleaning up" the GCIDE:
http://www.ultimabooks.it/cybook-odyssey-dizionari
(the page is in Italian, you might want to use google translate) --- grab the two files english-english (*.dict and *.dict.idx) and copy them to your Dictionaries/ directory on the Odyssey.
It won't solve your problem with the "uninformative" list of different meanings (that's a problem with the sw of the Odyssey, not the dictionary itself), but I think it is more nimble to use.

Last edited by AlPe; 01-26-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #54
soltas
soltas began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey
Thumbs up AIPe's dictionary

Hi AIPe,

I saw your posts and am really impressed about your work with the dictionaries! This opens really new opportunities!

I am eagerly awaiting a Swedish dictionary and wonder whether you would be willing to help me?

Swedish is not proritised by Cybook and I would probably have to wait a long time without your help.

I found a Swedish dictionary made by another user for the Kindle, made from publicly available sources. You find that file in the attachment.
So, could you run it through your scripts and generate the format for the Odyssey? That would be great!

Hope, you can do that!

Ciao, Soltas
Attached Files
File Type: zip sven.zip (1.26 MB, 193 views)
soltas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #55
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Soltas: yes, I can take a look at it. Please send me via pm a public domain EPUB file in Swedish, so I can test the result, thanks.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #56
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Soltas, you have PM
Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #57
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I opened the following thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167393

for dictionary requests.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #58
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Already sent them the same request... I was actually bold enough to ask for an SDK

Ok, I will try to move the Bash part into a python script, so that all non-Linux folks can use my script on their machines.

BTW, I sent them the following picture:

BTW: did they answer you?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #59
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
BTW: did they answer you?
Yes, they essentially replied: no product is perfect the first time, multi-language dictionary support is still experimental, improvements will come with next firmware updates, ob-la-di ob-la-da...

In other words: no official specs, no SDK.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #60
Godzil

Ah? That was not I heard, they will release information about the format (this what I heard on my side)