Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
To the MobileRead Community

I've been doing some thinking and have come to the conclusion that I've offended some of my fellow members with my posts. If I have, then I would like to apologize. That wasn't my intention. My social skills are not very refined and my defensive mechanisms are still on high alert. If I cross the line, call me on it. I'ed appreciate the heads up. However, I am anti PC. I feel that the whole concept was created, not to level the playing field, but to disarm anyone on the "wrong side" with a vocabulary higher than a five year old's. I will defend my belief system. I don't do character assasinations. Thanks for hearing me out.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

I take it you use a mac?

I am not offended at all.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I've prefer my laptop myself

I've not been offended either. Of course, I'm easy.

going!

Easy going!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow, recluse, you say your social skills are not very refined, but i know plenty of people who consider themselves above reproach in that area who would never think of making a pre-emptive apology like you did here ! i think this shows a lot of consideration and i thank you for wanting to open a dialogue and listen to the other members of the community. karma coming to you for making the effort. as far as i'm concerned, that's the most important skill to have and i think you're a great addition to our community.

all that said, i've not been offended either. but maybe i'm easy (...GOING ! ) too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!

The llounge is the place to flaunt your sense of humor, sense of weirdness, opinions, etc. To prevent bloodshed, serious discussions of politics & religion are mostly avoided - there are more appropriate forums for these topics.

We just have fun here - and aren't shy on calling someone on the appropriateness, taste, or possibly insulting content of a post. It's easy to get carried away, and to forget that the person you are chatting with may live in another country with very different beliefs/morals/conventions. Just think -- zelda had never heard of Easy Cheese!

No offense taken here! Or intended!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

The llounge is the place to flaunt your sense of humor, sense of weirdness, opinions, etc. To prevent bloodshed, serious discussions of politics & religion are mostly avoided - there are more appropriate forums for these topics.

We just have fun here - and aren't shy on calling someone on the appropriateness, taste, or possibly insulting content of a post. It's easy to get carried away, and to forget that the person you are chatting with may live in another country with very different beliefs/morals/conventions. Just think -- zelda had never heard of Easy Cheese!

No offense taken here! Or intended!
well said, poohbear.

as for EasyCheeseGate, i think that stuff would scare me, if i could convince myself it really exists (i still can't quite believe it).
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well said, poohbear.

as for EasyCheeseGate, i think that stuff would scare me, if i could convince myself it really exists (i still can't quite believe it).
I'd mail you a can - but since it is pressurized it would probably be considered an explosive device and detonated at the border!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'd mail you a can - but since it is pressurized it would probably be considered an explosive device and detonated at the border!
can you blame them ?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
can you blame them ?

Don't worry recluse. They don't come any more anti PC than Red.....

(And I've been known to take a stand or two. (Of course, they're heavy to haul around....))

Queen Z. - I need your help on a scene in the forthcoming Red story. it has to do with American Food and interrogation...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Don't worry recluse. They don't come any more anti PC than Red.....

(And I've been known to take a stand or two. (Of course, they're heavy to haul around....))

Queen Z. - I need your help on a scene in the forthcoming Red story. it has to do with American Food and interrogation...
the answer is yes : i am pretty sure Easy Cheese is covered explicitly in the Geneva Convention.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I haven't seen you step on any toes!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Yikes! Whatʻs Easy Cheese?? Iʻve heard of commodity cheese....

And I donʻt think youʻve done any more toe-stepping than everyone else here. Itʻs like a dance. Sometimes you miss a step and the pulsating thrall of hot, sweaty bodies pushes you back in line. And steps on your toes in return.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Yikes! Whatʻs Easy Cheese?? Iʻve heard of commodity cheese....

And I donʻt think youʻve done any more toe-stepping than everyone else here. Itʻs like a dance. Sometimes you miss a step and the pulsating thrall of hot, sweaty bodies pushes you back in line. And steps on your toes in return.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_cheese
Loved by cats everywhere!
Old 03-18-2010, 03:21 AM   #14
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Notice, it says cheese product! in the wiki. Zelda is from France...world class cheese! She being a lady of high standing would have no need of a Cheese Product.
As John Cleese In the Cheese Shop Sketch would say.
"Fetch hither the fromage de la Belle France! Mmmwah!"
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Recluse:

Don't worry about me. I would say don't worry about anyone who frequents the lounge or the Writer's Corner. Strange is a lifestyle here. If you offend me, I'll give you a whacking you won't soon forget
Spoiler:
As in, "Hey did you get a load of that pathetic whacking that the guy in the fake fur panda suit was trying to give Recluse? What a wanker! I've seen better whackings done by dead parrots!
and then we'll get on with it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote