Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #1126
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah. they will need repacking for the PWII now.

They install one cert file and swap out a jar. Perhaps there is a quicker way. I recall Niluje double packing one at some point recently. perhaps thats in the near future.

Thoughts any wise devs out there?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #1127
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
My snapshots packages work on the PW2 .

Until I actually get a device in my hand, I won't update the 'release' threads with new packages, but for the 'safe' stuff (USBNet, ScreenSavers, KUAL prereqs), there shouldn't be any issues (hopefully).

(@twobob: Yep, the kindlet-dev package bundles both the devcerts & Kindlet jb).

(Plus, the KUAL snapshot detects the PW2 properly, which is key to not breaking the device checks in my extensions).

@Yolina: I'm actually surprised the ScreenSavers hack from the release thread would support the PW2... EDIT: Oh, well, it does. Only the US/Itl WiFi version, though.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-22-2013 at 04:08 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #1128
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
nice one. put a link at the very top of the thread mate.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #1129
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

@Yolina: I'm actually surprised the ScreenSavers hack from the release thread would install on a PW2...
Well it does as I've said I haven't tried the python .bin for the cover feature but my custom pictures are most definitely there and showing. Less work for you, can't be a bad thing
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #1130
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Yolina: Yep, I checked. It at least *installs* on the US WiFi version. I'm not quite sure the runtime stuff is up to snuff, though, so you *might* want to update to the latest snapshot .
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #1131
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
KUAL installs just fine now on PW2
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #1132
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
so you *might* want to update to the latest snapshot .
Done and Kual too while I was at it. Nice touch with the single package for both the devcerts & kindlet JB

Last edited by Yolina; 11-22-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #1133
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
KUAL installs just fine now on PW2
I installed the prerequisites and kual from snapshot thread. They installed fine but when opening the azw2 file I get an error.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #1134
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I installed the prerequisites and kual from snapshot thread. They installed fine but when opening the azw2 file I get an error.
Sorry, I can not see over your shoulder from here -
What Error?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #1135
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sorry, I can not see over your shoulder from here -
What Error?
sorry. "this file is not compatible with your kindle. please contact amazon support etc ..."

pw 2, 5.4.0
Old 11-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #1136
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@barty: You wouldn't happen to have been using the wrong AZW2 file, would you? (KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 for the PW2, not KindleLauncher-1.0.azw2).
Old 11-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #1137
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I went to the link for PW2 users and I clicked on the KUAL download and it says it cannot verify I'm authorized to view that.... and I liked the first post of this page.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #1138
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@GatorDeb: 403/404 errors happen in the 15min spans during which I'm uploading new builds .

Upload just finished, refresh the snapshot thread for the new links.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #1139
Barty
doofus

Quote:
@barty: You wouldn't happen to have been using the wrong AZW2 file, would you? (KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 for the PW2, not KindleLauncher-1.0.azw2).
I double checked. I am using the right azw2, and the right Prerequisites (k5)

Fwiw, screensaver is working.

A ha! I grabbed nov 23 snapshot and now kual is working. Yay!

Thanks a million

Last edited by Barty; 11-23-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #1140
chipf0rk
chipf0rk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
Hmm, I just put the newest (2013-Nov-25 18:14:53) KUAL version on my jailbroken PW2 and tried to install this.
None of the apps seem to be working, and as far as I can tell I've installed KUAL correctly. Some apps just do nothing, and others "crash" KUAL itself (aka do nothing and go back to the "homescreen").

I hope to get this running soon- semms like a very cool bundle!
chipf0rk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified