Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Dictionary lookup fails for fast and fastidious

I have Concise Oxford English Dictionary bought from Mobipocket on my Cybook. When looking up "fastidious" if says "No result" but the word
is in the dictionary and I can look it up with the same dictionary
using my Palm T5. The word "fast" gives the alternatives "FAA", "FAS",
"fat" and "faze" which seems totally wrong.

I sent a bug report to Bookeen but was curious if this happens for other people also and if it happens with other dictionaries?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just checked with my Chambers dictionary and it's fine there. Sounds like a problem with the indexing of the dictionary.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I got an answer from Bookeen that gave an estimated time for a new firmware release: "We are going to debug this issue (has been added to our database). It should be fixed in the next software update (which we is scheduled to be released December 17-28)."
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote