Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
A Search and Replace problem

I purchased a book that, all of a sudden in Chapter 18, began having codes instead of punctuation marks. I figured out what each code was suppose to be and used the Search and Replace on the Conversion to fix two of them.

The--> ,A(with two dots on top)o(with caret on top) to replace the single quote '
etc with another one.

The book came out fine in the viewer. Then I noticed I had missed two more of the codes: the comma A with dots, and i with quote above which replace an em dash, and another code which replaced an em dash.

Anyway, my problem is that when I took my first fixed file, now the main one (not the backup Calibre saves) and applied the two new Search and Replaces in Conversion, the Original codes came back, but the two new fixes were OK.

This I am assuming (and you know about assuming...) that the fixes aren't permanent in the file.

I can't do them all at once because the Search and Replace only allows three fixes and I have four to make.

Any ideas??????

Thanks.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I just saw the Previous sticky about Search and Replace. I guess that it is not intended to replace text but just HTML codes.

As far as the suggestion for Sigil, I had originally tried that several weeks ago when I first got the file. I thought I had fixed the codes, but when I brought it back into Calibre it was messed up worse than before.

I'll try again when I get more time.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You could combine the two codes that replace em dash on one line with the | (or) sign

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote