Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #46
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I'm happy you know how to use bold and shift but I think it's better to discuss bugs in their own threads.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #47
Thalinor
@Modders/Devs - Thank You
Thalinor is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro / Kobo Glo
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200668

Sideloaded epubs still often skip pages when reopening (after sleep, power off, or returning to the homescreen) with books on the Glo.
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
Bug: Chess game: Board goes blank after playing check.
Device: Glo, Touch
From Firmware: 2.4.0
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #49
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

@Thalinor: bug added here.
@Urdu: bug added here.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@Ripplinger: added. Could you create also a test document with Sigil?

Bug: If a special character is followed by a tag and a word and no whitespace, word is wrapped anyway to the next line
Device: Glo, Mini, Touch
From Firmware: 2.5.1

@anyone: the fact the database seems to get corrupted very easily seems to me a big bad bug...
Let me experiment a bit and see if I can come up with a text that will consistently do it without any copyright issues (copyright is the main concern, or I could just upload my current book I'm reading). It will have to be just the right length to catch the split and certain size font, and that font size will change somewhat if you change fonts.

It's definitely not an issue of a corrupt database at all, it's just bad software that splits in places it shouldn't be splitting at.

Edit: Created a very short 2 page epub that will show the beginning quote on one line and the following word falling on the next line for 2 instances. There's also images showing where the bug is in the text (with a bug to indicate it, of course!), and also an image of the font settings. It happens no matter what font you use, if the beginning quote will fall towards the end of the line, it will be split. In the images I have it set to full justify, but it makes no difference if you have justify off, set to left or set to right, it happens with all settings. The stylesheet for the epub does not specify any justification at all, I left it up to the reader software.

The stylesheet is as simple as possible, the only styles used in the book are <p> and <i> for italics:
Code:
p { 
display: block;
margin-top: 0em;
margin-bottom: 0em;
margin-left: 0em;
margin-right: 0em;
text-indent: 1.5em;
 }
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo 01.jpg
Views:	1078
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	105658   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo 02.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	105659   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo 03.jpg
Views:	1047
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	105660  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Kobo samples.epub (2.8 KB, 886 views)

Last edited by Ripplinger; 05-11-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #51
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
@davidfor: I played a lot with my Glo, so my personal db troubles don't count. But I read many problems with db on the forum, it seems a common problem.
I have not had a broken Db in probably 18 months, with the exception of a problem after downloading a (legitimately purchased) bad book. I think you may underestimate the number of people who download books that have undergone problematic conversions or who play with things in ways that are not supported.

Responding to another post: if you think that each bug should have its own thread, ask the mods to create a bug subforum (like the one for developers).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #52
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post

Edit: Created a very short 2 page epub that will show the beginning quote on one line and the following word falling on the next line for 2 instances. There's also images showing where the bug is in the text (with a bug to indicate it, of course!), and also an image of the font settings. It happens no matter what font you use, if the beginning quote will fall towards the end of the line, it will be split. In the images I have it set to full justify, but it makes no difference if you have justify off, set to left or set to right, it happens with all settings. The stylesheet for the epub does not specify any justification at all, I left it up to the reader software.

The stylesheet is as simple as possible, the only style used in the book is p and i for italics:
Code:
p { 
display: block;
margin-top: 0em;
margin-bottom: 0em;
margin-left: 0em;
margin-right: 0em;
text-indent: 1.5em;
 }
Thank you for creating this example. I have seen the same problem on my Aura, and it is very distracting. I was going to try to create something myself to show this bug, but you did all the hard work first! Thanks.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #53
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

@Ripplinger: great! Can you attach it to your first post of the bug thread? Thank you

@taming: I'm discussing that here.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #54
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
@Ripplinger: great! Can you attach it to your first post of the bug thread? Thank you
Done.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #55
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
When two font families are defined in document only one is actually used

Product: Touch/Glow/Mini/Aura
Firmware: 2.5.2 and previous
Plugins: n/a
File types: kepub (epub2, css2.1, html4.x)
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Kobobooks (kepub)
On external SD: n/a
Steps to reproduce: See original thread
Current result: if the document default font is set to use the default ua serif font and headlines should use the default ua sans-serif font only the document default font is used. Not limited to headlines: applies to all css classes in which a different font family is defined than the document default font family.
Workaround: n/a
Remarks: this problem only happens with kepubs, epubs are fine.

Last edited by Anak; 05-12-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #56
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I confirm the bug. It happens to every element that has font-family: sans-serif. I tested it with an html5 document, a version of your code:
Spoiler:
PHP Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<
html lang="en">
  <
head>
    <
meta charset="utf-8">
    <
title>Some title</title>

<
style type="text/css">

{

font-familysans-serif;
        }

h1h2h3h4 

{

font-familyserif;
        }
    </
style>

</
head>
  <
body>
    <
h2>This headline should have a serif font.</h2>
    <
p>This paragraph should have a sans-serif font.</p>
  </
body>
</
html

Can you add your informations in the original post? Thanks

EDIT: ah, if I set both h2 and p with sans-serif, text is displayed as serif anyway, so it's not caused by the use of two different families.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-12-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #57
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
This bug has been fixed in 2.5.2. So it is only fair to mention that in the list.

Bug: Text in dictionary popup gets cut on the right

@Lucas Malor. Maybe you can add two categories to your first post: open bugs and solved bugs?
Don't delete solved bugs from the list as they may reappear again in future firmware releases.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #58
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Done!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is it OK to put in feature requests?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #60
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

What?

Tags
pocket app