Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
EzReader 6"

I have seen reviews on this forum and other sites that say when looking at an epub with the default zoom setting the font is too small and just going up one zoom size makes it super large to almost 20-30 works per screen.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed? If so, what firmware fixed it since this most likely be my choice if this issue is fixed.

Thanks

Mark
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Rectified with November 5 Firmware Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter View Post
I have seen reviews on this forum and other sites that say when looking at an epub with the default zoom setting the font is too small and just going up one zoom size makes it super large to almost 20-30 works per screen.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed? If so, what firmware fixed it since this most likely be my choice if this issue is fixed.

Thanks

Mark
Dear Mark:

Yes, this was rectified on the November 5, 2009 Firmware Upgrade. From the feedback I have received it seems to be excellent now.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
Counter
Connoisseur

Robert,

Where is the firmware since Astak.com lists on 9/2009 firmware and theezreader.com site shows undefind in the firmware section.

wait.. found it via another link your site but the firmware is date 10/28/2009 Please advise.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

11-5-09 Upgrade temporarily missing

Quote:
Robert,

Where is the firmware since Astak.com lists on 9/2009 firmware and theezreader.com site shows undefind in the firmware section.

wait.. found it via another link your site but the firmware is date 10/28/2009 Please advise.

Thanks
Dear Counter:

Thank you for letting me know. When the webmaster did the latest firmware upgrade he removed the 11-05 upgrade. I am sorry about this.

Please give us time to try to post it back up within a few days. I had no warning he would do this. We can only post three firmware upgrades on our website and he did not understand how important that one is!!

Let me talk to the Head Techie who should still have the file for that Upgrade!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Counter
Connoisseur

Does the EzReader come with this firmware if ordered from Astak directly?

Thanks

Mark
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:

Thanks

Mark

Most people find they need to do a firmware upgrade, as what comes out of the factory is not the latest (or even close in some instances).
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Robertb

No way to tell

Quote:

Thanks

Mark
Dear Mark:

The factory makes this device we call the Pocket PRO in lots of 50,000. They are made on all different dates... so I would not want to bet that the one you get would have the right firmware upgrade.

I would not buy until I can again post the right upgrade!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Counter
Connoisseur

Robert,

Hurry and get your webmaster to post it. I am not interested in the Pocket Pro rather the 6" reader so I need the newest firmware. Like you said, before I buy.

you have an anxious customer waiting.