Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
markkenzy
Enthusiast
markkenzy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch, Kindle Fire
Reading textbook issues

Hi, everyone. I'm new here.
I've got some pdf files that my lecturer gave me, and they're full of Maths symbols, equations, table, graphs... I wanna read in my Nook, but it didnt seem to be displayed in correct format, though.
I've tried some 'optimized' software like k2pdfopt, the format is OK, but the text appears not enough 'bold' for me to read...
So..., do you have any suggestions?
markkenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
This may not be welcome news to you, but PDF files just are not displayed well in the Nook. In fact, ebook readers in general usually do a poor job for PDF, unless the PDF was intentionally formatted for a small screen reader. I would recommend that a tablet (iPad or Android) would do a better job using PDF utility of choice.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
K2pdfopt now has gamma and contrast adjust options that might help the PDF show better (darker) on your Nook. I don't have a Nook so I haven't tested it on that device, but you can try setting gamma to a lower value using the "g" option from the interactive menu. It already defaults to a lower value than it used to (0.5 instead of 1.0, starting with k2pdfopt v1.19, released on 9-2-11). You can also use the "o" option to set the output DPI to a larger value which will magnify the text more.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote