Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
lbutlr
Enthusiast
lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: iPhone
Better matching/scanning

If I have, for example, and ebook that calibre imports as:

Title: The Lord of the Rings 1 - The Fellowship of the Ring

It cannot find the book when searching,a nd there doesn't seem to be anyway to tell Calibre to ignore or remove parts of the name of a bunch of books it's already imported. I have to delete the books and go back to the original files, or I have to manually edit each one in calibre to remove the series name from the title.

This isn't that big a deal when the series is a trilogy, but what if I had all 30-some Xanth books in ebook format?

Is there anything I am missing that would make dealing with these series-in-the-title-entries any easier?
lbutlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbutlr View Post
Is there anything I am missing that would make dealing with these series-in-the-title-entries any easier?
Yes, you need to set the regular expression in Preferences | Add/Save to identify the series name and separate it from the title. There are several threads on regexes to use depending on how your files are named.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
lbutlr
Enthusiast
lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Yes, you need to set the regular expression in Preferences | Add/Save to identify the series name and separate it from the title. There are several threads on regexes to use depending on how your files are named.
Will that help with ebooks that are already in the database? I guess I was under the impression those settings only applied to files when they are being added?
lbutlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbutlr View Post
Will that help with ebooks that are already in the database?
No, it won't change books already in the DB.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote