Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
pjssilva
pjssilva doesn't litterpjssilva doesn't litter

Device: Sony T1
New Digital Reader: DR800SG!

I got this through engadget, but here is the link to the original story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/23/te...3&ref=business

The price looks very competitive for a 8.1" device with note taking. The device also has wireless 3G but I live in Brazil and it won't be usefull to me. On the other hand, note taking is a must to me and I read somewhere in the forum that the note taking application from irex is reasonable and works on PDFs (and allows me to print he annotated file). If the same is true for this new model, it may became my dream reader.

Actually I saw a thread here saying that someone ported Xournal to the DR, if this ported application works in the new reader I would be in heaven as I already use Xournal in the desktop.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Primary thread on this topic is: Best Buy and Verizon Jump Into E-Reader Fray with iRex.
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
What I've heard so far is that the underlying architecture will be similar, so that applications should be easily ported back and forth between the DR1000 and DR800. That would mean that Xournal for the DR1000 should be easily ported to the DR800 as well.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
pjssilva
pjssilva doesn't litterpjssilva doesn't litter

Device: Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Thanks for the link and sorry for the double post. I skimmed through the thread looking for the word new...

Paulo
Closed Thread

Tags
new reader, note taking