Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Computer Books on the 505?

I have noticed that the sony store had a few OS books I would like to try, Before I spend the 40 Bucks I would like to know How many of you have read technical books on the 505? I am not talking about PDF's but actual books from the Sony store that deals with either how-to subjects or Computer Programming. Would you recommend it or should I just get the real Book? How are the Screen shots?

Thanks,
Jerry
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Jerry, I've got 'SQL Demystified' from Sony and it reads fine. Mind you, since it's SQL there aren't a lot of illustrations.

Main problem I have with tech books on the reader is that it's difficult to flip back and forth and search. Jumping to a later or earlier chapter is a lot easier in a pBook than and eBook
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Not worried about the Illustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Jerry, I've got 'SQL Demystified' from Sony and it reads fine. Mind you, since it's SQL there aren't a lot of illustrations.

Main problem I have with tech books on the reader is that it's difficult to flip back and forth and search. Jumping to a later or earlier chapter is a lot easier in a pBook than and eBook
I was looking at
Cocoa- Programming for Mac- OS X
Special Edition Using Mac OS X Leopard
But I am still waiting to hear back from Sony because the Kindle version of both of these is 28 bucks compared to Sony at 40. It is such a shame that there cant be a universal format and pricing for ebooks. Print is Print really the only difference I had to think about before was Hard back or paper. Now it is keep my fingers crossed and hope Sony get a title in that I want. Or go thru the steps to convert another format.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To be honest, I feel that the current batch of readers are not all that wonderful for reference books where you want to be flipping and jumping around.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote