Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
deadman36g
deadman36g began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Wanting calibre to export a certain way

Currently my calibre exports all books to a single directory.

I am curious if I can tweak calibre to export my books to this directory but also a subdirectory for the author then yet another subdirectory for the book

Example.

Book A, Book B, Book C.

Currently calbire would export the following way

ebooks/Book A.epub
ebooks/Book B.epub
ebooks/Book C.epub

I want this way though

ebooks/author A/Book A/Book A.epub
ebooks/author B/Book B/Book B.epub
ebooks/author C/Book C/Book C.epub
deadman36g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
From all i know the default behavior of putting files into calibre should lead to directories just as you listed, although it does add a unique identifier (number) to the book's folder. Perhaps another can tell you a reason why it might act differently. That being said "looking under the hood" of how calibre puts the files is a big no no! :P Good luck.

Last edited by ParadiseLost; 04-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Look at the Save to Disk template under preferences, and set it the way you want. I think that the default template would give what you say you want, so if you are not getting that then it appears you must have changed it at one point.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote