Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #241
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
The Chicago Public Library has now upgraded. I can't say I care for the changes. I don't like the way the wishlist is set up at all, and it took me three tries to remove a book from my wishlist before the change "took."
I found I had better luck opening up the book "detail" page in a new tab and removing the book from the wish list there. It doesn't refresh the wish list right away but it does take. The wish list tries to refresh itself after each removal you do from the wish list page, and the results are unpredictable (I find it's a good way to make the book availability info disappear).
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #242
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I found I had better luck opening up the book "detail" page in a new tab and removing the book from the wish list there. It doesn't refresh the wish list right away but it does take. The wish list tries to refresh itself after each removal you do from the wish list page, and the results are unpredictable (I find it's a good way to make the book availability info disappear).
Yep that is what I do too.

Why have the auto removal when it still has to refresh the page? It makes no sense overdrive! Neither does every time I add a hold to my bookshelf it sends me directly there and I have to go back to the hold list to add another hold to the shelf. This needs to be fixed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #243
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I tried to log onto the library on my Sony PRS-T1 at lunchtime today but was unable to. The first step in logging onto the NC library is to select the name of my actual library (the NC library is a consortium of libraries all over the state) and clicking the "select library" box did nothing.

I won't be able to try again until tonight. Just wondering if anybody else has had a problem today? maybe the library is in the middle of making changes to the mobile site? or maybe it's just my reader?
I finally figured out that for some reason, even when I went through the Sony's library finder program, I was getting the full Overdrive site and not the mobile site. I went back through this thread and found Diane's very helpful post #95 on 12/11 where she had found that the difference between the full and mobile site addresses was only a couple of numbers

Here's what Diane wrote:

"Changing the numbers is what works for me. Here are the full paths for BPL's sites and you can spot the numbers that need to be changed in order to switch:

http://digitalbooks.brooklynpublicli...en/Default.htm Mobile

http://digitalbooks.brooklynpublicli...en/default.htm Classic"

The address for the NC library is similar; all I had to do was change 10/50 to 20/40 and I got the mobile site.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #244
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FLoP has finally changed over to the new format today.

READS is now having issues with every book I check out I have to sign in again.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #245
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
New bug: When I borrowed books (at 2 different sites) it kept taking me back to enter my login information again.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #246
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Overdrive has launched a redesign. I can see it at my library (Brooklyn Public Library):

http://digitalbooks.brooklynpublicli...en/default.htm

I assume it has rolled out to all libraries at the same time?

Looks like they made a big push to make the site more tablet-centric. Nice big thumbnails. It looks like there is less information about each book in a list view, but if you know how to find it, it's there. For example, there is a CD icon for audio books in the upper right of the thumbnail, and a book icon for epub/kindle books (I don't know if they distinguish epub from kindle in any way). There is a gray flag below the thumbnail that changes to red if the book is in your wishlist, but oddly it stays gray if the book is on hold. Maybe they haven't implemented a change in color yet if the book is on hold? You can mouse over any book and see if it's available or not, but how would you know that on a tablet (no mouse over state)?

There are two different thumbnail sizes and I don't know why.

The site uses responsive design very nicely. If you make your screen smaller, you will see that the screen responds, and then changes to a mobile layout when you go below a certain screen width. That's pretty cool!

Today the site is VERY slow, I hope that's just growing pains while they roll out the changes. I would hate for it be much slower now.

What do you think of the new site?

Yeah, sucks worse...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #247
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I noticed the same thing on the Cleveland CLEVNET Overdrive site. I can't help wondering if they did any real user testing before they rolled this out - I utterly hate it!
Not likely, the designers seem to be idiots. I've been complaining about the search and the categories since I started using it years ago and nothing has changed. The search if friggin worthless -- can't find any specific author or book without it including tons of irrelevant bullshit. They don't even have a science category and they don't seem to have a clue about categorizing books (particularly non-fiction). The fiction seems just as bad, you try to look at fantasy and get a bunch of romance books or whatever.....just this side shy of completely random.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #248
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
New bug: When I borrowed books (at 2 different sites) it kept taking me back to enter my login information again.
Yep same here and it's annoying! At first I thought it was READS only but it's everywhere it seems.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #249
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Mike@OverDrive seems to be MIA.

Come back, Mike!!!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #250
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Did you try the mobile sites and get the same errors? I am using the mobile versions of my 4 libraries, and have no such problems.

Last edited by xendula; 01-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #251
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
^^^ That's what I do, too.

The LastGenerationExperience will NOT defeat us!!!

DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #252
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Me too! So annoying! The books end up on your bookshelf, but you have to login and go there again to download them. Wasn't this update supposed to eliminate the hassle from checkout?
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #253
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Did you try the mobile sites and get the same errors? I am using the mobile versions of my 4 libraries, and have no such problems.
Nope, but I'll keep that in mind if it's still happening the next time I borrow books.

I belong to 5 Overdrive libraries, and yesterday was one of those days when it seemed like half my holds became available at the same time. So it was annoying because I was borrowing more than just one or two.

With any luck, I can get through this batch before the next batch come up! (And they'll fix the frickin' bug).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #254
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Ouch! The book I've been on the waitlist for for quite a while came in todeay and I noticed FLP (Philly) had the new design. It must have happened very recently! Felt a bit lost...
And yes, I had to enter my login info twice!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #255
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Ouch! The book I've been on the waitlist for for quite a while came in todeay and I noticed FLP (Philly) had the new design. It must have happened very recently! Felt a bit lost...
And yes, I had to enter my login info twice!
Last Friday they changed over.