Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Dayle
Dayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura aboutDayle has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Question Kobo Glo - Sleep Mode behaviour

Hi, Just received a Kobo Glo. When I put it in sleep mode, it still displays the cover of the book I'm reading (i.e. the screen never changes other than to say Sleep Mode at the top of it) I tried shutting the reader completely off by holding the power button but it still displays the screen of my eBook. I left it all night and the screen never changed. I'm sure that I had "the happy face guy" displayed on my screen with his eyes closed when in sleep mode so that's what I was expecting to eventually happen. What am I doing wrong? How do I get the "sleepy guy" again or is the constant display of my book cover normal? Is there a risk of burn-in to my screen? Thanks!
Dayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Debaser
Debaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura aboutDebaser has a spectacular aura about

Device: kobo glo, kindle touch
You can switch off the last book read cover screensaver in the settings, under 'lights, sleep & power.
Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
Hi, Just received a Kobo Glo. When I put it in sleep mode, it still displays the cover of the book I'm reading (i.e. the screen never changes other than to say Sleep Mode at the top of it) I tried shutting the reader completely off by holding the power button but it still displays the screen of my eBook. I left it all night and the screen never changed. I'm sure that I had "the happy face guy" displayed on my screen with his eyes closed when in sleep mode so that's what I was expecting to eventually happen. What am I doing wrong? How do I get the "sleepy guy" again or is the constant display of my book cover normal? Is there a risk of burn-in to my screen? Thanks!
The image does not eat power. The cover is a static image that will stay untill such time as you change it, ie turn a page or wake it up. Its purpose is to display the book. Unless the reading material is something you would rather keep private, turning it off or leaving it on does not drain the battery. Eink is different from any other computer screen there is no risk of burn in. Set your refresh rate to 1 page ( depends on you really) and the image will always be crisp and sharp no ghosting. there is sometimes ghosting due to the page not being refreshed 100 percent every page, (eats more battery at one page) But basically when the ereader prints the page there is no power needed to keep it at the image. So off or on, the reader will not have burn in.

Personally I like the cover its much more aesthetically pleasing.

Regards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 10-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Also discussed here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192518
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burn-in, kobo glo, sleep mode