Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 03:19 AM   #46
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Got a Fire for Christmas, gave Mom a Kindle Touch (she wanted it for poolside) and have a Literati, so I've been here for a bit

Welcome, newbies!
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #47
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I've been a member for several years now but I did receive a fire for Christmas.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #48
ncarmen
ncarmen doesn't litterncarmen doesn't litter

Device: nook
I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas too and I love it! I find myself doing everything else other then reading on it though, but I'm ok with that! I was so excited to show it off the day after Christmas that I took it out with me and accidentally dropped it on concrete. There is a pretty good scratch that I can see when I read or watch a movie and a chip near the side of the screen, and all the corners are roughed up. It could have been worse, but I'm really upset with myself anyway. I'm usually so careful with my devices and I usually leave them home until I get a case or cover for them

Last edited by ncarmen; 12-30-2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: more info
ncarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #49
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I wanted one for Christmas but it wasn't under the tree; it took me two more days to talk DH into letting me get one! Still can't find a case locally, but I ordered one that should be here next week. I *love* it! Not giving up my Kindle3, though, or my iPad... I love them *all*, for different reasons.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #50
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
time to get a case to protect it and make it not so slippery and easier to hold. Its easy to not hold on to it so tightly without a case on it.
there is a case/cover thread here on Mobileread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarmen View Post
I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas too and I love it! I find myself doing everything else other then reading on it though, but I'm ok with that! I was so excited to show it off the day after Christmas that I took it out with me and accidentally dropped it on concrete. There is a pretty good scratch that I can see when I read or watch a movie and a chip near the side of the screen, and all the corners are roughed up. It could have been worse, but I'm really upset with myself anyway. I'm usually so careful with my devices and I usually leave them home until I get a case or cover for them
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #51
BrendaB
BrendaB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
My husband completely and totally surprised me with one for Christmas! Last year he had bought me a Kindle 3g, but he's been listening to me for the past month saying how I am slowly going to save to buy one, and he got it for me!
I am completely loving it! I'm playing with the apps and watching movies more than anything right now, but I do read on it too.
I found this site through someone who had posted on an amazon.com forum.
BrendaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaB View Post
My husband completely and totally surprised me with one for Christmas! Last year he had bought me a Kindle 3g, but he's been listening to me for the past month saying how I am slowly going to save to buy one, and he got it for me!
I am completely loving it! I'm playing with the apps and watching movies more than anything right now, but I do read on it too.
I found this site through someone who had posted on an amazon.com forum.
What a great hubby!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #53
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineNH View Post
I wanted one for Christmas but it wasn't under the tree; it took me two more days to talk DH into letting me get one! Still can't find a case locally, but I ordered one that should be here next week. I *love* it! Not giving up my Kindle3, though, or my iPad... I love them *all*, for different reasons.
Since you have an ipad - What do you enjoy about the fire , that is unique from the ipad - lighter and smaller? The Fire isn't available in Canada, so I'm burning with curiosity about them.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #54
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Problem being I read through this forum now more than playing with my KF!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #55
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
I got a Fire for Christmas but received it on release day.My partner loved mine so much I ordered his and it arrived the Wednesday before Thanksgiving weekend.We are both happy Fire owners.
I certainly have learned alot here at MobileRead.I TRY to help when I can but most of my knowledge I have learnedly from all of you.Great group.
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #56
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
I bought myself one for Christmas, and I love it. I also have a Sony 950 and a Touchpad with Kindle app and Kindle app on my laptop, so I'm prepared if power goes out for a day or two. Gosh, I love my toys. Many thanks to this group for all the great information you provide.
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #57
Rtturvwsxmavpduc
Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Got Kindle Fires for my wife, daughter and son. They all seem to love it. I have an earlier Kindle. Since I use mine to read books, I have no interest in the newer features.
Rtturvwsxmavpduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #58
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksmithTom View Post
brought me one, was very surprised, love it, can't wait to shop for some accessories. I found this site through facebook while on my KF.
Hello. I'm new here. Just found you all. I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I'm a little disheartened by the battery life but I am on the thing all the time on my day off.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #59
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I got mine a few days after the release, but I did buy my wife one for Christmas. Now if only I can get her to join MR...
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #60
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Since you have an ipad - What do you enjoy about the fire , that is unique from the ipad - lighter and smaller? The Fire isn't available in Canada, so I'm burning with curiosity about them.
Sorry it took me so long to reply...

KF vs iPad - definitely size. The Fire is thicker than I'd have expected, but is closer to paperback-book size and easier for me to hold. I really like the ease of setting the controls - especially the brightness (easier for me to read at night in bed - hugely prefer that over using a booklight on my former K3!). Easier to carry around due to the size - the iPad is too big to fit in my purse!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote