Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #241
Caiolgn
Caiolgn began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Please someone help me
I'm not used to SDK or android debug via cmd.exe and I'm having difficulties on Step 2 of Coredump-EE on page 8. I did step 1 correctly, then plugged my IQ 701 on an USB port of my computer, but when I open cmd.exe and type adb remount it says:
"Device not found"
What should I do? And another question, should I extract IQ_gapps to the same directory of adb.exe?

thanks
Caiolgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #242
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiolgn View Post
Please someone help me
I'm not used to SDK or android debug via cmd.exe and I'm having difficulties on Step 2 of Coredump-EE on page 8. I did step 1 correctly, then plugged my IQ 701 on an USB port of my computer, but when I open cmd.exe and type adb remount it says:
"Device not found"
What should I do? And another question, should I extract IQ_gapps to the same directory of adb.exe?

thanks
Are you using win7?

See post 31 here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=113048&page=3

that may work for you.

re your question of extracting IQ_gapps, that's where I placed mine.

Have you look at coredump-EE's repack? That is a much easier way of getting everything except for android market and a2sd working.

See this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=116736

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #243
Caiolgn

Sorry, it didn't work. I can't find "adb_usb.ini"...

Actually I wanted only the market to work. I need medscape, epocrates and QxMD apps so bad :S
Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #244
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I still think that you need to run the repack to properly set everything up to work with market.

At anyrate, it is hard for us to help you because you haven't told us exactly what you have done on your PC.

Can you list all of the steps that you have taken and where you got stuck?

Cheers
Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #245
Caiolgn

I did this:

Step 1 (Gain root access)

* Install LaucherPro
* Install z4root.1.3.0.apk
* Press the Home key to start Launcher Pro, then longpress the homescreen to create a shortcut:
Shortcuts->Activities->Settings->Development (com.android.settings.DevelopmentSettings)
* Launch the newly created Development shortcut and check USB debugging
* Launch z4root and install "permanent root". This installs busybox
on your system and is required after every firmware reflash.

But when I got to step 2:

Step 2 (Install Google apps)

1. Download and extract IQ_gapps.
2. adb remount

I got stuck with an error: Device not found

With the Repack I still need an AndroidID to get the market working right? I tried to get one following this: http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index...h_the_Emulator

But when I start the emulator, I have no internet connection/signal =/
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #246
ResQ46
ResQ46 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
To jump on the bandwagon, from many pages ago...

Problem... adb devices not recognizing my PBIQ.

My IQ is rooted, I have the Experimental .1 repack, and usb debugging is enabled. I completed the emulator process and got the AndroidID. My Win7 Device Manager has my "Android Phone," no exclamation points. I plugged in my PBIQ to the USB port and the banner came across saying "usb debugging enabled" and "shutting off usb mass storage." However, when I use the adb devices my list is empty. Is this enough for someone to tell me where I might have went wrong?

Thank you all. This stuff has been great.
ResQ46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #247
hiaig
Addict

When you say Win7 Device Manager has your "Android Phone", what is the exact name?

Mine says "Android Composite ADB Interface". If you don't have that, try my solution in post 242 above.

Cheers
Old 02-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #248
ResQ46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
When you say Win7 Device Manager has your "Android Phone", what is the exact name?

Mine says "Android Composite ADB Interface". If you don't have that, try my solution in post 242 above.

Cheers
I probably should have been a little more clear on that. In the "device manager" window there is an "Android Phone" entry. If I open up the hierarchy, there is an "Android Composite USB Interface" entry.

I followed the steps in post #31 very closely and the external guidance on the Slate website. Also, when the USB is connected, the PBIQ keeps requesting that I turn off the USB Mass Storage.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #249
hiaig
Addict

Another question, did you root the IQ yourself and then use Coredump-EE repack?
If you did that, you need to go back and flash v.2.02 firmware first then use the repack.

I noticed that if you already have z4root and then use the repack, it messes up things up.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #250
ResQ46

Success!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Core and Hiaig

--edit---
Okay, I spoke too soon. I can't actually download anything. I choose and app and then I get "your app will be downloaded." Then I get "download failed." I'm guessing I'm going to have to flash back to 2.0.2 and try again. Well, if at first you don't succeed and all....

Last edited by ResQ46; 03-14-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #251
daveyb91
daveyb91 began at the beginning.

Hello people,

I am trying to get the market on the Pocketbook of my dad.
So far I have installed everything, got the USB driver installed for ADB connection and with ADB devices I see the pocketbook listed.
The next step is adb remount. I get operation not permitted everytime. I am sure i have got superuser access. This is very frustrating.

Does any have an idea how to solve this?
Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I have to mention I flashed his Pocketbook with the newest firmware, which is 2.1.2 if I remember well. Might this be causing it?

Last edited by daveyb91; 06-09-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Firmware version update
daveyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote