Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Kindle 8.9 4G Shipping Soon

So one of my kindles updated today to "shipping soon" while the other still hasn't changed Does anyone else have an updated status yet? Only the 32GB says 'shipping soon' while the 64GB is still 'not yet shipped'. The 32GB is a Christmas gift for my mother and will go straight to her house, and I know I sound like a whiny kid... but I want my kindle early too
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
adamlautner2012
adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm expecting mine.
adamlautner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Which one did you get? 32gb or 64
Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
nimblem
Addict

My kindle still hasn't updated shipping status so I called Amazon and was told despite my pre-order they still do not have enough Kindle 4Gs to fill the orders and it would not ship till next week now.... I got disconnected so I called again and got a different rep. who told me that the kindle would still ship today even though there is not update to the shipping status... I don't know which one is right. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
nimblem
Addict

I got this email from Amazon, in case anyone is waiting for theirs to ship..... Kind of shady of Amazon being that I had to called to find out what was going on...

Hello,

I'm sorry we didn't have the chance to finish our conversation.

I've checked the availability for Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless, and can confirm that it's now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

If you'd rather cancel your item, I understand. To do so, visit the link below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I would hold on and not cancel. Call each day if you want. If someone else cancels theirs you might just be the next in line to get one. So if you cancel now you may have to wait a long time. Also the Rep could be wrong. So if it was me I would just wait.

You could also check Best Buy each day and see if they get one in.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
nimblem
Addict

Yeah I am just going to have to wait. Some people on the fourms said that none of the 64gb 4g kindles will ship because amazon doesn't have any to ship out. I don't how true that is though. Maybe God is teaching amazon customers patience
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
That is a bummer. The best thing to do is probably distract yourself with some turkey and pie. Amazon will probably get it to you faster than they expect to.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
nimblem
Addict

I am hoping they will... turkey and pie worked welll... then it was it was all gone
Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I got my shipping notice for the Kindle Fire HD 4G. At the same time, a strange device appeared on my App account designated GT-N7000 which is common for Samsung Galaxy Tab Note devices. Spoke to Amazon customer service and they absolutely would not answer this question, but also were very careful to suggest that I rename the device rather than delete it from my account.

So any other clues that the new HD 4G might be manufactured by Samsung?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote