Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
biodiesel
biodiesel began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Smile Newbie Question : Draw Graphics on Hanlin v3 Display

Hello,

I'm trying to write a program (.exe.fb2) that draws graphics on Hanlin v3 display. I'm just wondering how I can set pixel on such display so that I can draw circles, lines, and shapes. Are there any libraries or documentations available?

Thank You Very Much
biodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
allen
allen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to write a program (.exe.fb2) that draws graphics on Hanlin v3 display. I'm just wondering how I can set pixel on such display so that I can draw circles, lines, and shapes. Are there any libraries or documentations available?

Thank You Very Much
Hi,
I am afraid that you can't ste pixel of eBooks.
allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
biodiesel

Thank you for your reply.

If I cannot set pixel of eBooks, are there any other ways to write a program that put graphics on Hanlin V3 display. Currency, I was able to write a simple C program (.exe.fb2) that runs on Hanlin V3 device. However, I cannot find any ways to mess around with the display.

Thank You Very Much
Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
Thank you for your reply.

If I cannot set pixel of eBooks, are there any other ways to write a program that put graphics on Hanlin V3 display. Currency, I was able to write a simple C program (.exe.fb2) that runs on Hanlin V3 device. However, I cannot find any ways to mess around with the display.

Thank You Very Much
Write to a file and then display the file. You might want to look at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59191

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 11-21-2009 at 01:01 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Kent Walters
Connoisseur
Kent Walters has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex DR1000S, Astak EZreader (Hanlin V3)
biodiesel,

I haven't done any programming in years (and never for eInk), but I think if you define your page/screen size you should be able use X and Y coordinates to draw simple graphics on-screen. I don't how complex your desired graphics need to be, but I think the Hanlin should have no problem with simple (geometric) graphics.

Kent Walters
Kent Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
biodiesel

Thank You

I'm currently trying to study most of the open source applications that have draw graphics implementation.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
Kent Walters
Connoisseur
Kent Walters has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex DR1000S, Astak EZreader (Hanlin V3)
biodeisel,

Take a look at the code for the iRex iLiad and DR1000S; using a stylus, they write directly to the ePaper screen. Keep in mind that ePaper/eInk is not pixel based like CRT/LCD. The iRex forum is here.

I can't help wondering what on Earth it is that you are trying to do.

Have fun, and good luck!

Kent Walters

Edit:

I’m reaching back some 30 years (when I was getting my kids into computing), but the LOGO language might afford you some simple (considering the limits of the processor and that your input will be limited to 8 menu/button choices) but impressive graphics. Coupled with you might learn from the iRex stuff, this might be right for you. A Linux version can be found here: UCBLogo.

Kent

Last edited by Kent Walters; 01-06-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added LOGO stuff
Kent Walters is offline   Reply With Quote