Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Sony PRS T1 passes through FCC

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/s...wifi-on-board/

Has Wifi B/G/N . Also has a usb port, head phone jack and MicroSD slot. All the other details are still confidential at this point.

FCC Page

We'll know the rest of the info in the next 45 days- as that the length of time they have requested for confidentiality, starting from July 20th

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 07-28-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Exclamation Ah ha !!

And oh ho ........... caught 'em with their trousers down

Very interesting - certainly looks PRS'y doesn't it.

Bet all that mystery stock of 650's (if there is any) might start coming out of the woodworm now - and perhaps reduced prices ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Most of the 650s are in Japan by reports I have seen. not much to put out at a discount in most markets.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Fayth
Zealot
Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS 350
I hope they make an upgraded PRS 350. Not that I'll buy it on release, because my PRS 350 is fine, but I like the 5 inch model.
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
And oh ho ........... caught 'em with their trousers down

Very interesting - certainly looks PRS'y doesn't it.

Bet all that mystery stock of 650's (if there is any) might start coming out of the woodworm now - and perhaps reduced prices ?
What mystery stock... walk into Waterstones in Birmingham (High Street), go to the counter and say, "Can I have a Sony PRS-650," or walk to the display stand and pick up one of the 'take this to till to purchase boxes." and you know what'll happen... you'll be asked what colour do you want? Same for 350s as well... plenty for weeks now together with several other brands as well... No mystery stock though, just openly available product, brand new straight from the manufacturer...

And that must be a damn great big "woodworm" if its got a mystery stock of 650s in it...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
And they are both back in stock at the Sony Style Canada store, at the usual $250/$200 prices - no clearout price yet!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/s...wifi-on-board/

Has Wifi B/G/N . Also has a usb port, head phone jack and MicroSD slot. All the other details are still confidential at this point.

Okay I'm feeling a bit dense here but what does the B/G/N stand for ?
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
Okay I'm feeling a bit dense here but what does the B/G/N stand for ?
Support for IEEE wireless networking specs 802.11B, 802.11G, and 802.11N.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Thanks.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Yeah, right, I knew that , doesn't everybody ?

"............Waterstones in Birmingham ......." we've been here before, elcreative.

I reckon the High Street is a dark vortex that must suck all the 650's into itself....

From a lot of other other threads, they must be hiding there - Costa del Brum..

Last edited by carpetmojo; 07-28-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Lack of respect - no capital B for Brum.......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Well, that's what I'm here for! Although I probably could have just said "wifi".
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #12
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

"............Waterstones in Birmingham ......." we've been here before, elcreative.

I reckon the High Street is a dark vortex that must suck all the 650's into itself....

From a lot of other other threads, they must be hiding there - Costa del Brum..
Sorry, no black hole, nice friendly shop with lots of stock when I was in earlier today... and I gather it's not the only one...
Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Sorry, no black hole, nice friendly shop with lots of stock when I was in earlier today... and I gather it's not the only one...
'ello again. I'm sure you've mentioned this Birmingham shop in another thread and I also chipped in with knowledge that there are plenty of Sony Readers across mid west Wales too.

I'm pleased to report that the Sony stands are still in said stores. Either they are selling well or Waterstone's are just plain inept when it comes to visual merchandising. I'm tempted (or would like to say) that its the former, but I've yet to see a Sony out in the wild. (But that said, I've not seen a Kindle either, but people MUST be buying these devices - where are they keeping them? I take mine EVERYWHERE!)
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
elcreative
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
... I've yet to see a Sony out in the wild. (But that said, I've not seen a Kindle either, but people MUST be buying these devices - where are they keeping them? I take mine EVERYWHERE!)
I've actually seen several around in coffee shops etc and a few days ago I shared the back seat of a bus with someone reading a 350...
Old 07-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Woo-hoo! This time around I think that I will pick up one of the larger-screened readers to compliment my awesome PRS-350.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote