Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Anybody Visit NookBoards.com?

I just recently found out about boards specifically for Nook users, Nookboards.com. It may not have some of the characters that mobileread.com does, but it seems like an interesting setup and worth checking out.

http://www.nookboards.com/forum/
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yeah it's cool over there. I like to drop in from time to time. Especially to escape the Kindle trolls here.

It's a nice sanctuary if you will

Last edited by boswd; 10-15-2010 at 10:48 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kindleboards.com is pretty sweet. We even have a Nook board there.

Hey, once a troll always a troll.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I visit NookBoards & Kindle Boards daily. Since I have both I like to visit both.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I've been there and Kindle Boards. Just avoid the accessory forums if you want to keep control of your wallet - there are a lot of enablers there
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Oberon.....
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
I do, it's nice over there. Very informative for all things nook.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:27 AM   #8
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I registered at Nookboards when they started, although I didn't buy a Nook until a couple of weeks ago. The only thing I don't like is that many people there do a good bit of Kindle bashing.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
I registered at Nookboards when they started, although I didn't buy a Nook until a couple of weeks ago. The only thing I don't like is that many people there do a good bit of Kindle bashing.
Fan sites tend to do that.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
Atomix
Enthusiast
Atomix began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I've noticed you will receive an answer on nookboards.com much faster than in mobileread
Atomix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Hmm, not sure where you saw " a good bit of Kindle bashing". I've started visiting nookboards quite frequently now and the core (and most frequent) posters (doesn't include me) never bash the kindle - there are always some drive-by trolls who do so but that's hardly a characteristic of the forum as a whole. Tubemonkey - calling it a "fan site" is a bit uncalled for, especially without firsthand knowledge - simply because some guy says there's kindle-bashing on there. Not every board out there is obsessed with kindles or with being nook fanbois - most of the conversations on there have to do with reading and just plain fun. There's tech help sections (quite helpful) and a lending/borrowing section. There's interesting book clubs. There's one board about the nook itself where I haven't come across any "Kindle bashing" in the time since I started visiting (though I don't read every single thread or post so that's probably not conclusive). On other boards (even here), what one might call "<device A> bashing" usually begins when a drive-by poster starts trolling randomly about how <device A> is so much better than <device B> for no apparent reason . Then someone comes along and explains how device A also has some problems. Drive-by poster leaves in a huff saying how everyone there is a <device B> fanboi and all they do is bash <device A>. *sigh* So tedious

Nookboards is probably the only forum I've seen where the morale and general attitude towards things (especially from the established posters) is just remarkable. Awesome people on there - nice and welcoming to newbies.

The B&N forum is fairly lousy as an online community (aside from a couple of uber-helpful and tech-savvy people like icebike and doug_pardee) - the only reason I still post on there is because there's a minuscule (but non-zero) chance that someone from B&N is at least listening (which is not so elsewhere). It's pretty much the poster boy for Eternal September.

Mobilereads is quite excellent and pretty much the most comprehensive site out there for .. er .. mobile reading issues, but it's a bit light on nook stuff (especially unrooted). I sympathize, because from the techie point of view, it seems like a waste of time to try to solve problems that have already been solved by softrooting. For unrooted nooks, there are some rather clever workaround that I've gotten from the (helpful part of the) B&N community and even at nookboards. Still, for technical issues about ebooks, this is the place to be. I even got answers to questions about annotation databases on the rooted nook that I'd been asking for months prior to joining mobilereads

Last edited by thrawn_aj; 10-18-2010 at 08:22 PM.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawn_aj View Post
Tubemonkey - calling it a "fan site" is a bit uncalled for, especially without firsthand knowledge - simply because some guy says there's kindle-bashing on there.
Go over and look at my post count there. Then tell me about my lack of firsthand knowledge.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #13
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
"Hmm, not sure where you saw " a good bit of Kindle bashing". I've started visiting nookboards quite frequently now and the core (and most frequent) posters (doesn't include me) never bash the kindle - there are always some drive-by trolls who do so but that's hardly a characteristic of the forum as a whole.
T"

I have a lot of first-hand experience there too. I wouldn't even venture to give a critique of my 3-wk. old Nook. They're very sensitive, generally. Other than that, they are nice, as are the folks at Kindleboards. I registered at the beginning, before the Nook was released. I visited a lot in the early days and went back recently to say I bought one.

I really don't understand all the talk concerning brand loyalty of a reader. I have ereaders by three different companies.

Last edited by mlewis78; 10-18-2010 at 11:42 PM.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I have a lot of first-hand experience there too. I wouldn't even venture to give a critique of my 3-wk. old Nook. They're very sensitive, generally.
Exactly! I've cut my posting there way back because of it.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #15
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I really don't understand all the talk concerning brand loyalty of a reader. I have ereaders by three different companies.
Brand loyalty is the brand of the middle (mediocre) class, the ultimate symbol of consumer whor...

I too am on the fast track to becoming a three ereader owner. Yes, I'm looking at the evil Amazon because they have books I cannot find elsewhere.

The nook was my first, but it has kind of fallen by the wayside to the Sony (600) for me, largely based on book organization alone... but this is another thread.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote