Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Stanza catalog?

(I figured this was the most application-neutral forum, so I posted this here.)

A user on my CD site dropped me a note tonight asking if I could create a Stanza catalog. (I'm assuming he meant the CD site, it could have been meant for my snippet site.)

I know next to nothing about the care and feeding of Stanza.

From a brief web search, it seems like a Stanza catalog is simply a properly formatted XML file with links to file, icons and other details on a title. Not too unlike an RSS feed.

Something I could build on-the-fly or periodically with PHP scripting on my server.

Could anyone clarify that for me? Have links to more information on catalogs and subcatalogs?

Thanks.

-Joe B
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Joe,

I recently dove into this Stanza catalog thingie, the standard they use is calls OPDS.

I wrote a tool called calibre2opds that you could use for creating a catalog of your CDROMs, but it would imply that you enter all of the books in a Calibre database, and I don't think it's what you plan to do...

The tool's architecture is modular, and this means that if you have another source of data (other than Calibre I mean) I could maybe write something to use this data in the tool, instead of a Calibre database...

You could write a PHP script to create a catalog, and you'd probably find that the sources of my tool (freely available) can help get you started.

If you need help, or pointers to additional information, please write me an email and I'll try and help you.
You can reach me at dpierron at gmail dot com...

All best,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
I recently dove into this Stanza catalog thingie, the standard they use is calls OPDS.
Thanks for the information.

I'll drop you a note, direct, once I've taken a look at the link.

-JPB
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote