Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
pchoi902
pchoi902 began at the beginning.

Device: k2
new to kindle world

hey guys i just bought a kindle 2 and i wanna protect my investment which cases would you recommend ? any input would be great
pchoi902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
The one you can get from Amazon (the leather one) is very sturdy, protects it well, and has a slim form-factor. I'd recommend it!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
if you look around on this accessory page you will see several different options. there is the purely functional as Gideon has mentioned to the aesthetically pleasing such as the Oberon (and they are protective as well). ENJOY!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
This is a breakdown on cases and covers I did you may find helpful...click here.
There are a few newer covers since I did it but it should still give you a good starting point.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchoi902 View Post
hey guys i just bought a kindle 2 and i wanna protect my investment which cases would you recommend ? any input would be great
Welcome to MobileRead, pchoi.

I think cases are like the readers themselves.......there's a perfect one for you out there.

Personally, I have the M-Edge cover.....I love it, but some people have lots of different ones.

Octochicks link is a great place to start.

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I second the M-Edge cover recommendation. I have the original Amazon case and the M-Edge which costs the same price, and the M-Edge is much nicer. There are two varieties actually - the M-Edge Go! Jacket, which costs $30, and the Prodigy, which at $45 is slightly more padded and has the closure strap.

Personally, the one I'm using the most is the Go! Jacket.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please, in the name of all thats Holy.......go vote!! (click on linky)

l
Old 06-01-2009, 06:56 AM   #8
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Don't threadjack, grandma. Bad form.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Don't threadjack, grandma. Bad form.
Well, weatherman, have YOU voted??
Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I'm very happy with the Amazon cover, not particularly stylish but functional in that academic notebook/lab book sort of way. The only concern I have with it is the possibility of it opening as it drops. I haven't had that happen in the only drop I've done so far but I am considering the M-Edge due to that (plus the built in light).

(please ignore the link in my signature as I do not wish to be accused of threadjacking)
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
(please ignore the link in my signature as I do not wish to be accused of threadjacking)
For shame!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I have the Patagonia cover and love it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
There are so many makers now, its probably going to be hard to recommend one out of the other.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
Jill74
Banned
Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
There are so many makers now, its probably going to be hard to recommend one out of the other.
yes i agree with kevin. but it really depends on what you want to have.

Jill74 is offline   Reply With Quote