Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Happy 1st Anniversary to Us!

May 10th, 2005 marks the first anniversary of the launching of this website, MobileRead.com. It came kicking and screaming into this world after months of desperate trying during its pre-life state also known as Turcic.com (some old-timers among you may still remember).

We are holding off the party a bit longer until we can reveal our planned site redesign. Meanwhile, I'd like to thank the following people for their priceless support: Bob, zire71man, Colin, David, Lynn, Craig, Chaos, Paul, Ignatz, and Thierry. Let's also not forget Sammy of PalmAddicts, Shaun of PDA247, and David of Teleread.org, all of them great guys who were always very kind to us. And of course, most importantly, I thank all of you who're visiting MobileRead for taking part and showing your interest in our community!

Although I've signed a NDA with Microsoft I cannot but tell you the truth: We didn't want to make this into a huge announcement without running at risk of stealing Microsoft the show of its WM 5.0 unveiling today. Today is Billy's day and we respect that!

Happy Birthday MobileRead, and to a successful second year!!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Today is Billy's day and we respect that!
Hahahaa I am sure Bill Gates is grateful for that!

Happy Birthday Mobileread!!
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Happy birthday!!!!

It seems like MR has been going so much longer than that, wow....

Thanks for the Kudos, Alex, though I don't feel I really deserve them as time and other constraints have limited my ability to contribute as much as I'd like to. The rest of you guys more than make up for that, though. Top job, guys!!

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Happy 1st Birthday to the entire MobileRead staff!

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:31 AM   #5
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
Happy Birthday Mobileread! It does seem longer than 1 year and it certainly has been fun.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #6
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I, for one, would like to thank Alex for all his hard work, enthusiasm, and enduring commitment to the site. I realize that I was never quite able to convince him that sleep -- even when he was falling down sick -- was more important than site maintenance, and it shows in the product you see before you.

MobileRead is, IMHO, more than just "another tech site". It's a community. And it's a damn good one.

Best Wishes for a Very Happy Anniversary,

Lynn
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I LOVE MOBILEREAD!!!
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:30 AM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Oh, and BTW: Happy Birthday! ;-)
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #9
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Happy Birthday
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #10
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Kudos to everyone on the MobileRead for a very good year...and may this lead to bigger and better things...
gadgetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #11
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Haaaappy biiiirthdaaaaay toooo youuuu!!!
(sorry if I'm slightly out of tune)
Kudos primarily to Alexander, he's been working hard and it shows all over the place.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #12
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!
Techick began at the beginning.

Device: NX80 and Treo 650
Happy Birthday

I remember Turcic, didn't know that was this site, lol!
Techick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thank you everyone! It makes me feel great to be around with such a nice community!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:51 PM   #14
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I'd like to second that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
I, for one, would like to thank Alex for all his hard work, enthusiasm, and enduring commitment to the site. I realize that I was never quite able to convince him that sleep -- even when he was falling down sick -- was more important than site maintenance, and it shows in the product you see before you.

MobileRead is, IMHO, more than just "another tech site". It's a community. And it's a damn good one.

Best Wishes for a Very Happy Anniversary,

Lynn
I think the reason it feels like more than just one year is two-fold:

1) I still have the site bookmarked as Turcic.com (sentimental me) and,

2) Every day feels like a year because it's always Christmas to see new articles on the frontpage or get to reply to someone's post or whatever.

This is a great community. I admit that I cheat on Mobileread.com sometimes and go to these other sites and, while some content might be worthwhile, either there's too much backbiting among the other sites' members that it's painful to read their posts, or their members just don't have the tech know-how like our guys and girls here at MR. It's not the same there and I'm always glad to come back here and read the same articles with our community.

Happy Birthday and my blessings on many more.
Kyia.
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote