Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
Lidia
Lidia began at the beginning.

Device: RCA 1200
Book Designer 4 problem on Vista

Hi,
I have install Book designer 4 and latest update on Vista , but all the time when I tried to convert file to .imp it start converted and stop on the first page. Does anyone know how to fix that problem?

th
Lidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia View Post
Hi,
I have install Book designer 4 and latest update on Vista , but all the time when I tried to convert file to .imp it start converted and stop on the first page. Does anyone know how to fix that problem?

th
Does it create other kinds of files? Did you select multilanguage support (Do not do this for IMP). Which device did you pick for IMP?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2008, 03:53 AM   #3
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia View Post
Hi,

th
I guess you are a lucky one. I cant convert anything because I can't even get it to read any file as input. I tried installing it several times before I gave up.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I guess you are a lucky one. I cant convert anything because I can't even get it to read any file as input. I tried installing it several times before I gave up.
Do you have Word 2000 or later installed? That is required to read many file types.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #5
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you have Word 2000 or later installed? That is required to read many file types.

Yep 2003. And also the DHTML edit update that some people told me to use
Advert
Old 02-16-2008, 06:46 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you read all the info in other threads on Book Designer and Vista?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #7
Ortep
Fanatic

I think I have, I think I understood it and I think that I did wat was in the threads. Installing the 'old' version, downloading the patches and copy them over the installation downloading some stuff from MS and install that one to. I can start the program, but any file of any type I try to read gives me an error message

I must be doing something wrong. But it is so cumbersome that I gave up. I simply don't care anymore. It is the most awkward piece of software I've ever seen. And I'm using computers since 1975. I'm happy with MobiCreator and Notepad++
Old 02-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem really is with Vista. I mean Vista removed DHTML for example and programs they rely on it need to have it downloaded and installed. Vista also does other oddities as well. But it can be sorted. Others have managed just fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote