Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
TheRevolutionist
TheRevolutionist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Recipe using a local file?

Is it possible to use a local source file (e.g. a HTML or RSS file on my hard drive) in a recipe? I'm looking to create a magazine-format ebook, but don't want to put the content up on the web as an RSS feed.

Thanks for your help!
TheRevolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sure, use URLS that start with file://. For example on windows: file:///C:\whatever or on unic file:///whatever
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert