Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
gabriel.istrate
gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Hanlin V90 on sale in Europe (and some questions)

Hello all,

I am a scientist looking for the (elusive) 9.7 ereader with good annotation capabilities. I have long waited for a good such product, refraining to buy one in the hope that a good product might appear on the market soon.

First the news: Another 9.7 reader, the Hanlin V90 seems to be on sale in Europe, for some reason in the Czech Republic, e.g. at

http://www.digiknihy.cz/jinke-hanlin...z-cpu-skladem/

(use google Chrome if you don't read Czech, I don't; there are other Czech stores that list it).

I haven't seen it in person. The user manual is available at

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...uct_Manual.pdf

My impression (from comparing the manual to that of V60) is that the software might be very similar to that of V60.

There is a posting from Vladimir Levchenko on the-ebook.org forum (here, in russian) that seems to suggest (at least that's what google translate says ) that it's a fast device. He also posted a video that seems to support this.

Now the questions: since I have no significant experience with any ereader (having played just a little with Kindle 3 and Boox M90) how good are generally Hanlin products w.r.t. hardware/software ? In particular V60 ?

Is there any way to make simple highlights/annotations of pdf documents in Hanlin V60 ? I am not looking for freehand exportable annotations, just something like what you would be able to do in Adobe Digital Editions PC version or Kindle for PC. I am trying to figure out if there is any likelihood of getting that capability soon in the V90.

Best,
Gabi

Disclaimer: I have no connections with either Hanlin or its resellers.
gabriel.istrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Generally I find the Hanlin to be an excellent product. I have a V3, V3+, and V5 but not the newer ones.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
pathfinderca
Connoisseur
pathfinderca began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V.2
If you have a lot of pdf files to read, a tablet is more powerful.
pathfinderca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 AM   #4
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
If you buy I would be interested to hear more about the v90. Thanks!
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
If you buy I would be interested to hear more about the v90. Thanks!
by the specs and some investigation this device seems to be the perfect device..
but some hands on testing would be needed by early adopters..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
by the specs and some investigation this device seems to be the perfect device..
but some hands on testing would be needed by early adopters..
I don't agree this; it has only 128M RAM so it will be slow like M91S from Onyx.
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
I don't agree this; it has only 128M RAM so it will be slow like M91S from Onyx.
the turning speed is great
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
the turning speed is great
Sure, 128 Meg is plenty for an eBook Reader. It is only used for staging the page. Previous eBook readers had as low as 32 Meg with good performance. Of course a 9.7" needs a bigger stagging area but this is more than enough. It's not like it has to load programs into ram and run them.

Dale
Old 09-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #9
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Hm, than how do you explain the difference of speed between Pocketbook 902/903 and Onyx M90; it's only the PB's better software ?
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
Hm, than how do you explain the difference of speed between Pocketbook 902/903 and Onyx M90; it's only the PB's better software ?
I don't have either unit but it is very likely that it is better optimized software. There are a lot of factors that affect performance. Hardware is only part of the picture and the amount of RAM is an even smaller part of the picture. In the hardware camp there is speed of the RAM, speed of the Flash, speed and type of the processor, the hardware controller used on the screen, possible hardware acceleration of screen display. There are also trade offs where performance is traded for better battery life. Efficient software counts for a lot and even the language used to produce the software counts.

Dale
Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
repods
Addict

in any case if you read the user manual this device seems great, and I'm sure his firmare is an evolution of the irex one..
very similar if you see the pics, but way better..
I'm only wondering how to buy it..