Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #151
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Photos?
Here's a youtube mini-review I just made of the "Cover up" cover.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uulVIJ_gU4s
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #152
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I'll stick a mini-review up on Youtube some time soon, maybe tonight and post a link here.
Cheers. Shame you don't have access to the CrownCase to compare (it looks 'ok' but it hard to get a real sense of the material without touching it)... and I'm still not sure I'm a fan of those button flaps. That said the price wasn't too bad.

Loved the British-isms. Like "Faff around with it"

Anyway thanks again for the vid.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #153
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Cheers. Shame you don't have access to the CrownCase to compare
I'm guessing the Crown case is probably a better build. I'm not sure if it's real leather tho.
I DID read somewhere the Casecrown is heavier, so if weight is an issue to you, that's worth considering.

Quote:
(it looks 'ok' but it hard to get a real sense of the material without touching it)... and I'm still not sure I'm a fan of those button flaps. That said the price wasn't too bad.

Yeah the button flaps are a pain to use at first, but you get used to it after a while. The angle I was holding it on the YT video at made it really awkward to close tho and I was holding a webcam at the same time as well.

Quote:
Loved the British-isms. Like "Faff around with it"
Anyway thanks again for the vid.
Heh, nps

I'd say if you're too cheap (like me) to splash out on a Casecrown, then the Cover up is the next best thing. It does the job it's intended for quite well with no frills.

Last edited by danskmacabre; 09-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #154
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have just received a review cover for the KT from Geckocovers.

Unfortunately my KT has not arrived as yet and is now unlikely too as I just got an email stating they cancelled my order and refunded my money.

Will need to wait to Collins here start selling the KT.

However, the cover is quite nice, well padded with soft inside covering. The KT is held to the back inside by two top elastic straps and at the bottom by two moulded leather corners. The cover can be closed by an elastic strap running vertically. Similar to some Kindle covers.

Overall quality is very good.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #155
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I have just received a review cover for the KT from Geckocovers.

Unfortunately my KT has not arrived as yet and is now unlikely too as I just got an email stating they cancelled my order and refunded my money.

Will need to wait to Collins here start selling the KT.

However, the cover is quite nice, well padded with soft inside covering. The KT is held to the back inside by two top elastic straps and at the bottom by two moulded leather corners. The cover can be closed by an elastic strap running vertically. Similar to some Kindle covers.

Overall quality is very good.
Interesting considering Klein Nijenhuis didn't seem keen to ship out a review sample (to AU) after his previous offer in this thread. *shrug*

Let us know how you go when you actually have a Kobo Touch to test it with.

I'm still concerned about the protection this style case would provide to the two right corners (if dropped in the case), and can you speak to the actual material. Can't recall if covered but the website wasn't clear if leather or not (guessing not)?
Advert
Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #156
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Smells like leather

I have a similar attachment arrangement with my original Kobo's cover and it works very well. The Kobo has never moved, even after several flights to the east coast of Australia.

I will be able to report more once I sort out the missing KT issue.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #157
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I'd say if you're too cheap (like me) to splash out on a Casecrown, then the Cover up is the next best thing. It does the job it's intended for quite well with no frills.
What if you could get the CaseCrown for less than £16? I purchased mine from an eBay store called senyx-direct for $22.70 AUD including postage... according to their UK store, the CaseCrown will set you back £14.94 all up.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/senyxdirect
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #158
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
What if you could get the CaseCrown for less than £16? I purchased mine from an eBay store called senyx-direct for $22.70 AUD including postage... according to their UK store, the CaseCrown will set you back £14.94 all up.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/senyxdirect
Ah well, too late now.. I didn't see that when I searched for it on ebay a while back.. Nice spot tho In that case I would get the casecrown.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #159
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Hi all, I got this case a week ago http://www.cyber-biz.com/monkey-desi...alaxy-tab.html for my KT. Thought I'd share some pics!
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3918/photo0444l.jpg
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2755/photo0445t.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8528/photo0446v.jpg

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 09-06-2011 at 08:50 PM.
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #160
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I only used bare Kobo Wifi and now KT. I once tried and rejected soft leather sleeve which just added bulk with no real screen protection.

Just bought Ex-Point silicon sleeve price $4.00 from Borders. Last one.

Then I made thin stiff steel sheet metal screen protector to insert into sleeve.
First cut .025" (24 gage) thick gavlume steel scrap roofing material 1/4" less than KT front dimensions. Cut the 90 degree corners off at 45 degrees. Filed and ground off all sharp edges of sheet sheet metal. Then taped around the sheet metal with plastic electrical tape so tape was stuck evenly to front and back around surface next to and over edge of sheet metal.

This screen protector is held in place by silicon sleeve as needed for thin protection that fits in my front levies pocket.

Tools used Wess offset aviation snips and file.

Last edited by filmo; 09-06-2011 at 10:19 PM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #161
evrdazed
evrdazed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
after a bit of searching, I just bit the bullet and went with the one offered at Indigo/Chapters:
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/

I actually like it a lot. It has a great look and feel to it. Plus the KT is held by some rigid leather felt, which is a million times better than those damn elastics that are on most of the other book cases.
evrdazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #162
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
I'm specifically interested in a flip-over design that can be used as an easel-type stand for "no-hands" use. I know it's bad manners, but I like to read while eating.
Has anybody bought any flip-style cases? I'm eyeing this one at the moment, but if anybody knows of other flip-over cases from other companies, I'd be keen to consider them -- an eBay search didn't turn up much. Especially happy if anybody knows of nice green ones.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #163
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Has anybody bought any flip-style cases? I'm eyeing this one at the moment, but if anybody knows of other flip-over cases from other companies, I'd be keen to consider them -- an eBay search didn't turn up much. Especially happy if anybody knows of nice green ones.
I've been looking at the same one - the only thing that bothers me is the tab/clip bit at the bottom. In the pictures it looks like it would get in the way when you are reading unless it was held out of the way.
I would love to hear from someone who has one of these cases.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #164
molman
Evangelist

Sweet. Though I'd be worried about nothing hard protecting my screen. Still funky case.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #165
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrdazed View Post
after a bit of searching, I just bit the bullet and went with the one offered at Indigo/Chapters:
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/

I actually like it a lot. It has a great look and feel to it. Plus the KT is held by some rigid leather felt, which is a million times better than those damn elastics that are on most of the other book cases.
You get the leather-ish (folio) one, or the hardback book style one? I'm curious about the later.

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel