Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
bous
bous began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Question Library on NAS server?

Hi,
I want to make a library on my NAS server. First I have add one book to the library on my hdd drive. Then try to change path to library in calibre preferences to the folder on NAS server. During library movement process I got the error:

ERROR: Failed to move library: Failed to move library

Move library from /Users/b0us/Library to /Volumes/ebook_library/test
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/console.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 90, in main
File "calibre/library/move.pyo", line 21, in move_library
File "calibre/library/database2.pyo", line 1554, in move_library_to
File "calibre/library/database2.pyo", line 399, in connect
File "calibre/library/database2.pyo", line 386, in fget
File "calibre/library/sqlite.pyo", line 171, in run
calibre.library.sqlite.DatabaseException: disk I/O error
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/library/sqlite.pyo", line 142, in run
File "calibre/library/sqlite.pyo", line 94, in get
OperationalError: disk I/O error

I use Library 0.6.24 on Snow Leopard.
Is it possible to use network drive as a library storage?
Thanks for help!
bous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC sqlite doesn't support NAS drives
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have run from a NAS drive without too many issues. To get reasonable performance I keep the books on the NAS device, but the metadata.db file I have on a local drive.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
bous
bous began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I have run from a NAS drive without too many issues. To get reasonable performance I keep the books on the NAS device, but the metadata.db file I have on a local drive.
How you have managed this? If I add the book from NAS to the library it will be copied to the metadata.db destination..
bous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bous View Post
I use Library 0.6.24 on Snow Leopard.
Is it possible to use network drive as a library storage?
Thanks for help!
What you could try to do is manually copy your calibre library to the NAS... and then create a symbolic link back to the original location that it was on your Mac.

Alot of software that doesn't support remote drives or moving their support folder works when you do this.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
donald1
Enthusiast
donald1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
just create a link to the directory on the NAS and make this your Calibre library directory.
It works just fine (Win7 OS with D-Link NAS 232).
donald1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mac, nas, network