Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #181
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
OK, I think I get it. It's because I became unregistered maybe? So it trashed it and rebuilt it. It's the only thing I can think of.

I haven't seen any scripts that do that but can't think of another reason right now. at least it is back. : )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #182
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[root@kindle /]# TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event3 TSLIB_CONFFILE=/mnt/us/etc/ts.conf TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/mnt/us/usr/lib/ts SDL_VIDEODRIVER=x11 prboom -width 592 -height 800 -file /mnt/us/usr/share/games/doom/prboom.wad -iwad /mnt/us/usr/share/games/doom/doom1.wad -nomonsters -nosound -nomusic

for reference. checkout the correct modules to use.

right now I have

Quote:
module_raw input
module pthres pmin=1
module variance delta=30
module dejitter delta=100
module linear
Hmm - Headers problem again.

Bah. must get a TC solid like the CS one for the 3!
Annoyance
Quote:
tslib: Selected device uses a different version of the event protocol than tslib was compiled for

Last edited by twobob; 10-18-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #183
twobob

so https://fleximdev.com/buildsystem/ts...ns/input-raw.c is a nice online example of the TSLIB module we are looking to use.

Throwing the new BR ctng TC at it now. see if it still complains about versions.
(Hint. I doubt it will, I removed the check )

Tests resuming

Quote:
[root@kindle root]# TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event3 TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/mnt/us/usr/lib/ts /mnt/us/usr/bin/ts_calibrate

xres = 600, yres = 800
Took 24 samples...
Top left : X = 2345 Y = 2223
Took 35 samples...
Top right : X = 2347 Y = 2119
Took 110 samples...
Bot right : X = 3388 Y = 322
Took 119 samples...
Bot left : X = 3787 Y = 2866
Took 41 samples...
Center : X = 325 Y = 3773
999.939697 -0.119347 -0.180892
10.249023 0.135780 0.025952
Calibration constants: 65532048 -7821 -11854 671680 8898 1700 65536
sweet success. now that deserves a tea.

Last edited by twobob; 10-16-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #184
twobob

[root@kindle root]# TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/mnt/us/etc/pointercal SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event3 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=
none TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event3 TSLIB_CONFFILE=/mnt/us/etc/ts.conf TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/mnt/us/usr/lib/
ts SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon AUDIODEV=/dev/snd SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa SDL_DEBUG=1 prboom -nosound -nomusic -width 592 -height 800

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...ts.conf.5.html

was also tangentially helpful http://opentom.org/Tslib

http://www.armadeus.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tslib
http://linux-dvbh.blogspot.co.uk/200...mpile-for.html
not quite getting it, but the TSLIB tests run okay now... : )

Last edited by twobob; 10-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #185
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Correct me if wrong please:

The idea here is that using tslib should allow anything for the K5 to be 'ported' to the Kpw by changing the configuration file?

And that 'porting' anything between the ts devices and the non-ts devices should only require the removal of the tslib from the SDL configuration (and maybe other config file level changes)?

Sort-of like the Java slogan of "write once, run anywhere" ??
(Which, over the years has been found to be: "write once, run nowhere" in actual practice.)

With the visual bug-a-bears trained - Will custom TTS be next?
http://festvox.org/index.html
http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/

Even a small diphone based system to cover the most common phrases, like:
Re-charge the battery.

Last edited by knc1; 10-17-2012 at 07:20 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #186
twobob

I was looking at this just the other day. but the other way round. Voice control for the devices. not impossible.

and yup. the idea is that a properly doctored SDL should support ALL of the devices (maybe the DX will run like crap) thus giving us a much better port base.

currently we have: oh yeah, an ancient QT kludge - now a full version behind, Direct to FB code, GTK on the devices that support it, overally it's a bit of a full-on DIY mish-mash. I probably missed half a dozen partially supported projects / widgetsets / implementations.

to just have "something" to throw ports at would be nice. SDL seems a decent bet as the runtime ENVVAR stuff makes it very flexible for our purposes, nice to just have to chuck a few ENV's around and have the next configuration all setup.

Anyways, it's a time sink but meh. I have TSLIB working now, I have SDL building lovely, working on mastering the awesome/awful layers, just a wee bit more graphics code and a spot of Onscreen UI overlay work (maybe) and then we can think about such niceties as the spoken word.

Gorf would be a nice port for that "Insert Coin", those words still bring a chill down my spine (Did that machine just speak?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorf
Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #187
twobob

Done deal.

Sound, Touchscreen, Control of Xorg, running Doom.

I just played my first game on the kindle touch
next up... Kindle 3 support

Not finished: Graphics. Initialising keyboard (currently feeding via vnc) via other method.

Nearly ready to release. TSLIB works really nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_173.png
Views:	279
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	94287   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_174.png
Views:	259
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	94288   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_175.png
Views:	272
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	94289   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_176.png
Views:	267
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	94290   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_179.png
Views:	251
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	94291   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_180.png
Views:	244
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	94292   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_181.png
Views:	236
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	94293   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_183.png
Views:	261
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	94294   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_184.png
Views:	309
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	94295   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_185.png
Views:	232
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	94296   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_186.png
Views:	229
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	94297   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_187.png
Views:	210
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	94298  

Last edited by twobob; 10-17-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #188
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
RFG (Request For Graphic):
Please include at least one "lab126" sign on a doorway or corridor.
That way players (at least developers here) will know it is the "Kindle version".

Some far off, distant day:
Maybe we could turn that "rubber ducky" video which GM found, that I claimed was the lab126 crew at work, into an arcade shooting gallery.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #189
twobob

heh yeah

Im going to see about porting this tank game for a moment. give me break from X diving.

still I learned a lot over the last 24 hours and had several important wins.

Happy bunny
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_188.png
Views:	272
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	94300   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_189.png
Views:	231
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	94301   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_190.png
Views:	249
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	94302  

Last edited by twobob; 10-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #190
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
SNIP
With the visual bug-a-bears trained - Will custom TTS be next?
http://festvox.org/index.html
http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/

Even a small diphone based system to cover the most common phrases, like:
Re-charge the battery.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...nition_Engines

also looks promising
Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #191
twobob

setting a "proper" title

Code that sets the "correct" window name:

~/GIT/brk5/output/build/prboom-2.5.0/src/SDL/i_video.c

Quote:
/* Make it awesome */

strcpy(titlebuffer,"L:A_N:application_ID:");
strcat(titlebuffer,PACKAGE);
strcat(titlebuffer,".");
strcat(titlebuffer,VERSION);
.... Snipped
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	-i_video.c (~-GIT-brk5-output-build-prboom-2.5.0-src-SDL) - gedit_225.png
Views:	306
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	94573   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_224.png
Views:	333
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	94574  
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #192
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I am thinking to probably not call video SDL calls, but use the newtrix work buffer and binary dither. Pure black and white, for fast no-flash updates.

I wish I had more free time.
I have thought about this and providing a working SDL has far more value than a single app. but I would happily try to port the work to SDL given some pointers
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #193
twobob

cripes.. so I finally managed to find a tidy set of commands to pull prboom frontwards and not grab the input exclusively.

start_keyboard-mini.sh
wmctrl -r prboom -e 0,5,30,592,710
wmctrl -r prboom -b toggle,above

for reference.

with an optional
Quote:
for i in $(xwininfo -tree -root | grep "home" | \
grep -o -e 0x[a-z0-9][a-z0-9][a-z0-9][a-z0-9][a-z0-9][a-z0-9][a-z0-9]* ); do
echo item: $i
xdotool windowminimize $i
done
extra note: more often than not this ends up with 0x1200002 for home

Last edited by twobob; 10-22-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: layout, code was also missing
Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #194
twobob

Post notes on _NET_WM_STATE

http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-...html#id2578152
_NET_WM_STATE notes...

Spoiler:
Quote:
_NET_WM_STATE

_NET_WM_STATE, ATOM[]
A list of hints describing the window state. Atoms present in the list MUST be considered set, atoms not present in the list MUST be considered not set. The Window Manager SHOULD honor _NET_WM_STATE whenever a withdrawn window requests to be mapped. A Client wishing to change the state of a window MUST send a _NET_WM_STATE client message to the root window (see below). The Window Manager MUST keep this property updated to reflect the current state of the window.

The Window Manager should remove the property whenever a window is withdrawn, but it should leave the property in place when it is shutting down, e.g. in response to losing ownership of the WM_Sn manager selection.

Rationale: Removing the property upon window withdrawal helps legacy applications which want to reuse withdrawn windows. Not removing the property upon shutdown allows the next Window Manager to restore windows to their previous state.

Possible atoms are:

_NET_WM_STATE_MODAL, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_STICKY, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_SHADED, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_PAGER, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_BELOW, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_DEMANDS_ATTENTION, ATOM
_NET_WM_STATE_FOCUSED, ATOM
An implementation MAY add new atoms to this list. Implementations without extensions MUST ignore any unknown atoms, effectively removing them from the list. These extension atoms MUST NOT start with the prefix _NET.

_NET_WM_STATE_MODAL indicates that this is a modal dialog box. If the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR hint is set to another toplevel window, the dialog is modal for that window; if WM_TRANSIENT_FOR is not set or set to the root window the dialog is modal for its window group.

_NET_WM_STATE_STICKY indicates that the Window Manager SHOULD keep the window's position fixed on the screen, even when the virtual desktop scrolls.

_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_{VERT,HORZ} indicates that the window is {vertically,horizontally} maximized.

_NET_WM_STATE_SHADED indicates that the window is shaded.

_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR indicates that the window should not be included on a taskbar. This hint should be requested by the application, i.e. it indicates that the window by nature is never in the taskbar. Applications should not set this hint if _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE already conveys the exact nature of the window.

_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_PAGER indicates that the window should not be included on a Pager. This hint should be requested by the application, i.e. it indicates that the window by nature is never in the Pager. Applications should not set this hint if _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE already conveys the exact nature of the window.

_NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN should be set by the Window Manager to indicate that a window would not be visible on the screen if its desktop/viewport were active and its coordinates were within the screen bounds. The canonical example is that minimized windows should be in the _NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN state. Pagers and similar applications should use _NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN instead of WM_STATE to decide whether to display a window in miniature representations of the windows on a desktop.

Implementation note: if an Application asks to toggle _NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN the Window Manager should probably just ignore the request, since _NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN is a function of some other aspect of the window such as minimization, rather than an independent state.

_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN indicates that the window should fill the entire screen and have no window decorations. Additionally the Window Manager is responsible for restoring the original geometry after a switch from fullscreen back to normal window. For example, a presentation program would use this hint.

_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE indicates that the window should be on top of most windows (see the section called “Stacking order” for details).

_NET_WM_STATE_BELOW indicates that the window should be below most windows (see the section called “Stacking order” for details).

_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE and _NET_WM_STATE_BELOW are mainly meant for user preferences and should not be used by applications e.g. for drawing attention to their dialogs (the Urgency hint should be used in that case, see the section called “Urgency”).'

_NET_WM_STATE_DEMANDS_ATTENTION indicates that some action in or with the window happened. For example, it may be set by the Window Manager if the window requested activation but the Window Manager refused it, or the application may set it if it finished some work. This state may be set by both the Client and the Window Manager. It should be unset by the Window Manager when it decides the window got the required attention (usually, that it got activated).

_NET_WM_STATE_FOCUSED indicates whether the window's decorations are drawn in an active state. Clients MUST regard it as a read-only hint. It cannot be set at map time or changed via a _NET_WM_STATE client message. The window given by _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW will usually have this hint, but at times other windows may as well, if they have a strong association with the active window and will be considered as a unit with it by the user. Clients that modify the appearance of internal elements when a toplevel has keyboard focus SHOULD check for the availability of this state in _NET_SUPPORTED and, if it is available, use it in preference to tracking focus via FocusIn events. By doing so they will match the window decorations and accurately reflect the intentions of the Window Manager.

To change the state of a mapped window, a Client MUST send a _NET_WM_STATE client message to the root window:

window = the respective client window
message_type = _NET_WM_STATE
format = 32
data.l[0] = the action, as listed below
data.l[1] = first property to alter
data.l[2] = second property to alter
data.l[3] = source indication
other data.l[] elements = 0
This message allows two properties to be changed simultaneously, specifically to allow both horizontal and vertical maximization to be altered together. l[2] MUST be set to zero if only one property is to be changed. See the section called “Source indication in requests” for details on the source indication. l[0], the action, MUST be one of:

_NET_WM_STATE_REMOVE 0 /* remove/unset property */
_NET_WM_STATE_ADD 1 /* add/set property */
_NET_WM_STATE_TOGGLE 2 /* toggle property */
See also the implementation notes on urgency and fixed size windows.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #195
twobob

hmm. I think I should be able to attempt the -dithered for prboom later.
not got the right bits with me.

get an idea of what it might look like at least.

on the 3 mind for now

[root@kindle share]# LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/us/usr/lib/libz.so.1 Xvfb -noreset -screen 0 600x800x8 -bs -wr +extension RANDR +extension XTEST +extension XINERAMA +extension MIT-SHM -fc cursor -fp /mnt/us/sh/fonts/X11/100dpi -nolisten tcp :0 &

(DEBIAN: ) Xephyr :1 -title "dithyr" -screen 600x800 &

[root@kindle us]# DISPLAY=:0 x11vnc -shared -nopw -forever -noncache -noxdamage &

[root@kindle us]# /mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kindlevncviewer -config /mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/config.lua -encodings "raw copyrect" -dithered 127.0.0.1:0

(DEBIAN: ) DISPLAY=:0 /usr/games/prboom -width 592 -height 800 -nomonsters -nosound -nomusic -iwad /usr/share/games/doom/freedoom.wad -file /usr/share/games/doom/prboom.wad

Seemingly I can target an Xvfb target with debian SDL. huh, neat trick

Last edited by twobob; 11-22-2012 at 03:38 PM.