Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
StephenC
Edge User

Got the pocket edge from HSN today

Should get it Wednesday. I will let you all know what I think.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
alefor
Edge User

Can you please give me a link to HSN? Thanks

Old 11-01-2010, 04:31 AM   #3
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefor View Post
Can you please give me a link to HSN? Thanks
It's in the thread Boris started "Pocket Edge goes on Sale Oct 31", but here it is again: http://www.hsn.com/black-entourage-t...910*background

Old 11-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
alefor
Edge User

Thank you. I was surprised it costs $500 at that web site for the Pocket Edge!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #5
StephenC
Edge User

It was 399 on Sunday. That is the price I got it for. They had two colors. Red and Black. They sold well over 13,000

Old 11-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Here's HSN's YouTube clip of their Pocket eDGe segment from yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1q4GGnFGLw.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
phylum sinter
Edge User

ditto - this is my introduction to the company and its' products...

I wouldn't have bought it if i didn't see that the company was planning on updating the OS to Froyo [and i hope this product is new enough to continue to receive updates afterwards, as well]. I noticed that the Android 1.6 spec was absent from all of the advertised stuff on HSN, and even when i asked i was unable to get anyone to say what version of Android it would run.

Besides this my deciding factors were the ebook store and capability to read both epub and pdf files on -- making it more appealling to me than a kindle. I'm a little disappointed that there is no open market for apps though.

All said, i'm really looking forward to getting this in my hands, and fingers crossed that it's better than my Motorola Droid :]

Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
StephenC
Edge User

Well mine has not shipped yet....my cover and micro card has though (sep order) Still hoping to get it this week. But since the official release date is the 8th. They may delay shipping. Maybe Monday. Just an FYI. They still have the Black at HSN at a price of 429.90

Last edited by StephenC; 11-02-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylum sinter View Post
I'm a little disappointed that there is no open market for apps though.
Be sure to look around here for the posts about the non-official app market places. I have 3 market apps (though none of them are the official google Android marketplace) on my edge, and there are a ton of apps freely available through these alternate marketplaces. Also, there have been rumours about Amazon creating its own Android marketplace which we are expecting we can access from tablets, though time will tell.

I'm really curious to hear the pocket edge buyer's feedback when their items arrive! I so don't need this, having more portable devices than I can shake a stick at, but that doesn't stop me from being interested.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Here's HSN's YouTube clip of their Pocket eDGe segment from yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1q4GGnFGLw.
Thanks for posting that. I have to admit, I watched the entire 40 minutes!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
DanJG
Edge User

I just got the notice that mine shipped today, Nov 2. I ordered it Oct 29. Should arrive "7 to 10 days."
Does anyone know if the battery is user replaceable, and if so, is it a common battery I can buy anywhere (other than Entourage's store)?
I found different answers to that question while searching the web.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
borisb
Edge User

enTourage hasn't provided any official information on the Pocket eDGe themselves yet, so best thing to do is contact Tech Support (http://www.entourageedge.com/support/). They'll answer your question quickly and "officially".

Be sure to let us all know what you think of the Pocket eDGe when it arrives

Old 11-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
DanJG
Edge User

Thanks, Boris. I'll be sure to do both. But don't expect a Pulitzer Prize winning review from my keyboard. I'll do the best I can.

I confess I feel queasy about this purchase of the Pocket Edge. I never thought I'd ever buy anything from the Home Shopping Network.
And I have never before made a technical or expensive purchase without knowing exactly what I'm getting. Wow.

But it promises to give everything I've been looking for in an e-reading device. Plus! as the man in the HSN video says, "it has the internet built in"! Too cool. LOL!!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
borisb
Edge User

I hear you on HSN. However, rest assured that the Pocket eDGe is a quality device from a solid company that has excellent customer service. This isn't a set of Ginsu knives or a cheesy jewelry

As an e-reading device it's fine, but when you throw in the colour internet tablet on the other side, you've got quite the device.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #15
sarah11918
Edge User

Just curious - did any of our "regulars/old timers" here decide to order a pocket edge? Just wondering how long until we see someone in here who has both machines to compare and contrast.