Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
gbowlds
gbowlds began at the beginning.

Device: none
bad database error in linux mint 10 after reinstall

Hello. I was originally using Calibre on a windows 7 system with over 3000 books in my library (stoered on a separate partition). I recently switched over to Ubuntu Linux 11.04. I installed Calibre, pointed it to my existing library and everything wored just fine. I had some problem with the OS, so I reformatted the main partition and installed Linux Mint 10. When I tried pointing it to my existing library I got the bad database error. I've tried the installation wizard twice and I tried the icon on the main menu. Nothing works. Also I download some news with Calibre but cant read it because it cant find an approriate reader. I hope someone can help because I love this program! Below are the details:

ERROR: Bad database location: Bad database location u'/media/My Stuff/Biblioteca de calibre'. Will start with a new, empty calibre library

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 205, in initialize_db
db = LibraryDatabase2(self.library_path)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/database2.py", line 144, in __init__
self.initialize_dynamic()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/database2.py", line 210, in initialize_dynamic
CustomColumns.__init__(self)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/custom_columns.py", line 166, in __init__
is_editable=v['editable'])
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/field_metadata.py", line 393, in add_custom_field
raise ValueError('Unknown datatype %s for field %s'%(datatype, key))
ValueError: Unknown datatype composite for field #formats
gbowlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstall calibre and install the official binary from http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Is your Calibre Library on the Windows partition? I was doing something similar with Ubuntu and I've lost my library about 4 times in the last year alone (last time was the day before yesterday). I have backups but none of the metadata is right so I'm having to re-add and re-edit everything again. Ugh. I'm going to keep my Library on the Ubuntu partition only this go round and see if that helps.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote