Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #46
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I had a one of this kind for my Touch, but realised with my Glo (that I keep on a pouch since I find the case I want for it) that it add an extra weight that is a pain as I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome. So I either search for a stand like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxury-Folio...035026&sr=8-38 (I'm pretty sure they had one for the Glo earlier in the week, but it's no more displaied, that's strange ) or a case like the one I pointed to above. I don't want elastic to hold the corners as it age quickly and so become ineffective.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #47
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Well my back-ordered sleepcover finally arrived, and it's a mixed blessing, while I love the new corner clips, why on earth can't they make covers that are actually the right size? Why the need for that extra 1/4 inch all the way around, without that extra size it would fit in my jacket pocket, with it it doesn't....
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #48
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Would anyone care to share some photos of their Glo sleepcovers? Cannot find any user photos on the web.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #49
HoyPhoto
HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have the Canvas Bookstyle cover for my Touch. Is there a Glo cover that is equivalent to this one? I find I really like the design of this case, it's easy to get the Kobo in and out and with the hard plastic the Kobo stays in the case without fear of it getting out, plus it seems strong enough to protect it in my backpack (no issues so far). Since Chapters.ca only has the one picture of each case I'm curious if anyone has experience and can compare?

Thanks!
HoyPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #50
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoyPhoto View Post
I have the Canvas Bookstyle cover for my Touch. Is there a Glo cover that is equivalent to this one? I find I really like the design of this case, it's easy to get the Kobo in and out and with the hard plastic the Kobo stays in the case without fear of it getting out, plus it seems strong enough to protect it in my backpack (no issues so far). Since Chapters.ca only has the one picture of each case I'm curious if anyone has experience and can compare?

Thanks!
I've had this cover for my Touch for over a year (and temporarily using it for my Glo) and while I liked it for a while, I've fallen out of love with it for no particular reason. Guess I probably just got sick and tired of having the same thing. I was hoping for a different kind of case for the Glo.
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #51
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
I had a one of this kind for my Touch, but realised with my Glo (that I keep on a pouch since I find the case I want for it) that it add an extra weight that is a pain as I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome. So I either search for a stand like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxury-Folio...035026&sr=8-38 (I'm pretty sure they had one for the Glo earlier in the week, but it's no more displaied, that's strange ) or a case like the one I pointed to above. I don't want elastic to hold the corners as it age quickly and so become ineffective.
I have this one in blue, I bought it on eBay for a few pounds just for the stand.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #52
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
Would anyone care to share some photos of their Glo sleepcovers? Cannot find any user photos on the web.
Here you go, for the "Glo PU SleepCover - Black"

Cover closed:
Spoiler:

Very smooth finish, back has embossed Kobo Logo.

Cover Open:
Spoiler:

A bit stiff yet (doesn't lie flat) but it's brand new so I think it will get more supple over time, I'll miss the pocket my touch cover had in the front cover.

Corner Clip Detail:
Spoiler:

Looks like a much better choice than the elastic corners, the reader locks in place easily and doesn't seem to want to come out accidentally, we'll see how it lasts.
You can also see the "extra" space around the reader that I don't like, but others may be OK with it.

Quality not the best, used my ancient (relatively speaking) smartphone as the DSLR is down for the count.

Last edited by XrXca; 10-24-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Minor formatting
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #53
kobokobe
I am what I am

Thanks, looks pretty nice, the first picture seems to have a blue tint to it, is that just the camera? You mentioned that it secures the device well, but how is the build quality? Does it feel nice in the hands, anything flimsy?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #54
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post

Cover closed:
Spoiler:

Cover Open:
Spoiler:

A bit stiff yet (doesn't lie flat) but it's brand new so I think it will get more supple over time, I'll miss the pocket my touch cover had in the front cover.

Corner Clip Detail:
Spoiler:

Looks like a much better choice than the elastic corners, the reader locks in place easily and doesn't seem to want to come out accidentally, we'll see how it lasts.
You can also see the "extra" space around the reader that I don't like, but others may be OK with it.

Quality not the best, used my ancient (relatively speaking) smartphone as the DSLR is down for the count.
Ah thanks it looks nice. If only it becomes available in the UK.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #55
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:

Cover closed:
Spoiler:

Cover Open:
Spoiler:

Corner Clip Detail:
Spoiler:

Thank you so much for posting the pictures I have finally caved in and ordered the ruby sleepcover from the chapters indigo website in Canada. Shockingly expensive at approx €42, but I bought the cover for my touch there and I have been very happy with it. I would have preferred fire engine red for my Glo so I am crossing my fingers that 'ruby' will not turn out to be 'Barbie pink'
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #56
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I bought a Kobo Glo fabric Sleepcover in heather gray tonight at Chapters in Mississauga, Ontario.

The good: the fabric has a nice feel to it, and so does the interior lining. The Sleepcover on/off functionality works just fine. Unlike some earlier Kobo covers, there are no business-card pockets; it holds the Kobo; nothing more -- which is as it should be, in my view. Construction quality seems high: the embedded magnet doesn't stick out at all, and there's a buried back plastic panel that has the four corner clips on it, only the clips stick out through the fabric, but the fact that it's all one reasonably stout piece of plastic behind the fabric means the clips shouldn't be too fragile.

The bad: it's heavy -- the wonderfully light-weight Kobo Glo feels heavy with the cover on. It's big: the case is in fact taller and wider than the first-generation Kobo Touch case Indigo used to sell -- which is nuts, since the Glo is a shorter device. The extra width makes it harder to reach in to touch the screen to turn pages. Although the Glo snaps into the case easily enough, it's clearly designed to be left in there -- taking it out of the snaps is a struggle.

They also had the black Sleepcover, which has a smooth vinyl finish (instead of fabric), and didn't feel as pleasant to the touch -- and it felt like it might cause sweaty palms in the summer.

I like this case, but don't love it -- at least not yet. But I've had it less than an hour.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #57
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Well my back-ordered sleepcover finally arrived, and it's a mixed blessing, while I love the new corner clips, why on earth can't they make covers that are actually the right size? Why the need for that extra 1/4 inch all the way around, without that extra size it would fit in my jacket pocket, with it it doesn't....
My guess is that that quarter-inch protects the ereader when dropped.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #58
kobokobe
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I bought a Kobo Glo fabric Sleepcover in heather gray tonight at Chapters in Mississauga, Ontario.

The good: the fabric has a nice feel to it, and so does the interior lining. The Sleepcover on/off functionality works just fine. Unlike some earlier Kobo covers, there are no business-card pockets; it holds the Kobo; nothing more -- which is as it should be, in my view. Construction quality seems high: the embedded magnet doesn't stick out at all, and there's a buried back plastic panel that has the four corner clips on it, only the clips stick out through the fabric, but the fact that it's all one reasonably stout piece of plastic behind the fabric means the clips shouldn't be too fragile.

The bad: it's heavy -- the wonderfully light-weight Kobo Glo feels heavy with the cover on. It's big: the case is in fact taller and wider than the first-generation Kobo Touch case Indigo used to sell -- which is nuts, since the Glo is a shorter device. The extra width makes it harder to reach in to touch the screen to turn pages. Although the Glo snaps into the case easily enough, it's clearly designed to be left in there -- taking it out of the snaps is a struggle.

They also had the black Sleepcover, which has a smooth vinyl finish (instead of fabric), and didn't feel as pleasant to the touch -- and it felt like it might cause sweaty palms in the summer.

I like this case, but don't love it -- at least not yet. But I've had it less than an hour.
This is what I figured from the pictures. I prefer the black, but the material/texture doesn't seem to be as nice as the grey one. I guess I'll have to check them out at the store and decide.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #59
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
I'm waiting for the Leather ones to show up - initially it said '2-4 days', as of Monday.. and now it's Unavailable again. I'm not a huge fan of the elastic band, and I have to echo Robert Sawyer's complaint about the weight. It's not ideal, especially not when we're dealing with relatively light PU. I want to see if the leather version is any better, really.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #60
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
... It's not ideal, especially not when we're dealing with relatively light PU. I want to see if the leather version is any better, really.
What does "PU" signify in the name of this cover?
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote