Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #16
dwatransit
dwatransit began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
How to root emulator?

If you used the emulator to try to get market working, how did you root the emulator device?

I followed a tutorial on YouTube and also tried z4root and was unable to get titanium bu to think it was rooted.
dwatransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
I also used the "backup apps from phone with Titanium backup and restore to Edge" method successfully. I followed detailed directions from the post at xda - the key for me was the conversion from system apps to user apps and back again during the transfer. I also modified by build.props file. I also implemented the "move apps to your SDcard" trick.

Market has been working great and I now have plenty of space for saving new apps! All the related posts in this forum have been fantastic!
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #18
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
I have the market working and other google apps, but I used the android phone titanium backup method. I have the Sprint TP2, a windows mobile phone which can run Android off the SD card. The nice thing about this setup is that I can create multiple versions of android with different accounts so that I can get the market and google apps up for each of the PE's I have for my kids.
I have a Sprint TP2 as well...can you post references to how to do this? There are a couple of apks that are only in the Market that I can't get from my edge it would be nice to have them.
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
re: emulator and root.

I have market access without specifically rooting the emulator.

I didn't use Titanium Backup to move the downloaded apps. I used Astro File Manager to do that.

Then sent to DropBox and download from DropBox on the PE and install from there in the usual way.

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #20
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
Not sure why this site is not posted...
http://androiddev.orkitra.com/

Only link you need. Period. People should quit asking about access to the market, its right here...

What is Androiddev.orkitra.com?
We are an online android community forum that provide tutorial and FAQ on android application development. Currently, we are offering our visitors to be able to directly download and share FREE android app (in Android Market) on our website. Our mission is to assist other android users around the world to be able to download android app while they don’t have access to Android Market. We believe that sharing FREE app to the world will benefit both developers and users as the developers will get higher downloads/users count, and users will be able to get more app(s).
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #21
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
I have a Sprint TP2 as well...can you post references to how to do this? There are a couple of apks that are only in the Market that I can't get from my edge it would be nice to have them.
1. Get Froyo from here
2. Unzip onto sdcard in TP2
3. Set startup.txt file according to instructions here
4. Execute haret.exe from the unzipped directory
5. Wait several minutes
6. Calibrate screen
7. Wait several minutes more
8. Follow prompts to setup android on TP2
9. Use Titanium backup to backup market and google apps
10. Copy Titanium backup directory to PE
11. Use Titanium backup to restore files
12. For another google account re-do steps unzipping to a new directory