Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
HarryO53
Enthusiast
HarryO53 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch
Feature Request / Change?

I've noticed, that of a few releases ago, (Mac version), that clicking on the Calibre window anywhere, to bring it to the front, produces an info / view window in front of the app's window. To me, this is a pain in the neck. I remember doing this awhile ago, I'd say about 3 or 4 versions ago, and it didn't have this behavior. Has something changed?

Also, a feature request of sorts.....is there anyway to change the program so that it actually parses directories for suitable file formats and queues them to be added to Calibre, instead of having to manually add a tree of files from subdirectories.

This would be helpful as heck. I get a lot of alphabetized publications that are subsequently in their own directories in alpha sort. This can be a nuisance when adding 1 file from each letter of the alphabet that is in it's own subdirectory.

Just a thought.
HarryO53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO53 View Post
Also, a feature request of sorts.....is there anyway to change the program so that it actually parses directories for suitable file formats and queues them to be added to Calibre, instead of having to manually add a tree of files from subdirectories.

This would be helpful as heck. I get a lot of alphabetized publications that are subsequently in their own directories in alpha sort. This can be a nuisance when adding 1 file from each letter of the alphabet that is in it's own subdirectory.

Just a thought.
If I understand you correctly, this has been a feature for at least a year. Try the drop down arrow next to add books and use the Add books from directories, including sub-directories (multiple books per directory, assumes every ebook file is a different book) feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
HarryO53
Enthusiast
HarryO53 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch
Thanks so much. Guess I haven't done much exploring over the time I've had the app. I've been using it for quite some time. Guess I've been just taking care of business with it and not much else!
HarryO53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO53 View Post
Thanks so much. Guess I haven't done much exploring over the time I've had the app. I've been using it for quite some time. Guess I've been just taking care of business with it and not much else!
The features you have today, are no longer all the features you have after the next upgrade .

Just about every time I look at a menu or preference setting, I find something new or improved (and I do read the change notes. They don't always sink in )
I think this may be a "Rate of Change" test invented by Kovid & Co.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
change, feature request, mac