Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Wich decal should I use on my Netbook?
A (Three nicknames) 0 0%
B (Three Nicknames plus real name) 2 25.00%
Try something else. 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Which decal should I use on my netbook?

I recently bought an Acer Netbook and the lid is glossy so it picks up fingerprints like crazy.

I'm going to have a local company make me a Vinyl sticker to cover the lid. I made a few modifications to a palette I found at http://www.colourlovers.com/ but now i don't know which one to use.

Option A: Has my three nicknames.
Option B: Has my three nicknames plus my real name.

(First Attempt at a poll)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	40879   Click image for larger version

Name:	B.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	40880  
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I'd go for Option B, but I think I'd use a different font. Possibly my favourite font at the moment "Bebas"

http://www.dafont.com/bebas.font
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
years ago I started putting stickers on all of my tools as my job is a very expensive tool intensive environment. I started putting stickers on all of my tools a long time ago. this has evolved into much of the rest of my life; there are stickers on my skis and poles, a lot of my camping equipment, and my laptop. I travel a lot and my fear was that my laptop does indeed look like everyone elses. stickers have wound up there as well. I know there is decalgirl and skinit and so on, which my Kindles and Zunes wear, but my laptop is a different story. I have stickers from my ski school, a Newfoundland dog, a proud parent of a sailor, and an NRA sticker. I am always looking for something that uniquely reflects me, and it will most likely also go onto my laptop
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
If you choose C and have any suggestions i´d love to see them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
years ago I started putting stickers on all of my tools as my job is a very expensive tool intensive environment. I started putting stickers on all of my tools a long time ago. this has evolved into much of the rest of my life; there are stickers on my skis and poles, a lot of my camping equipment, and my laptop. I travel a lot and my fear was that my laptop does indeed look like everyone elses. stickers have wound up there as well. I know there is decalgirl and skinit and so on, which my Kindles and Zunes wear, but my laptop is a different story. I have stickers from my ski school, a Newfoundland dog, a proud parent of a sailor, and an NRA sticker. I am always looking for something that uniquely reflects me, and it will most likely also go onto my laptop
That was the point with the nicknames on picture B they go from the most visible(Catire) which is how everyone calls me to the least used which is my real name which no one uses and can barely be seen on the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'd go for Option B, but I think I'd use a different font. Possibly my favourite font at the moment "Bebas"

http://www.dafont.com/bebas.font

BVer2 with the BEBAS font, I must admit it looks better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bver2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	40889  
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote