Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > ePub Books (offline)

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Wodehouse, P.G.: Piccadilly Jim. v2 26 Sep 2009

Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse (1881-1975) was a popular English comic writer. His books are usually set around pre-war upper-class English society.

After "The Little Nugget", we encounter again the overfed boy Ogden in "Piccadilly Jim" (1917). Jimmy Crocker (the step-son of Ogden's aunt) is a sort of playboy who decides to change his life after meeting a girl in London. The rest of the story is typical Wodehouse, with people pretending to be different people, a secret explosive, a kidnapping plan, and lots of fresh humour.

While I was reading it I thought that it's a good story for a movie... and it appears there are already three of them

I created this version from the PG text, proofread and corrected. I added curly quotes, a TOC, some formatting, etc.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

EDIT (v2): Updated to support the epub2pdf script.

(previous download count: 32)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 09-26-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance