Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
A brief history of the tramp-stamp (& other similarities) on urban fantasy covers

A brief history of the tramp-stamp (and other hilarious similarities) on urban fantasy covers.

Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
"tattoo--------->"

"skirts by gosh"

"yep another moon"

that was hilarious.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Wonderful!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
The covers seem pretty sexist - but the books are written mainly by women for a mainly female readership; so does that mean the sexism is ok?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
The covers seem pretty sexist - but the books are written mainly by women for a mainly female readership; so does that mean the sexism is ok?
No, it just means that as a fantasy (and as a fantasy only) many women buy into the sexist stereotypes. As entertainment, they are fine ... when they keep you from earning a living wage ... not so much.

And .... those covers and the commentary were freaking hysterical (a term that actually means "wandering womb" .... don't ask).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what's a little objectification between friends, right ?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Nonono - when women do covers like that, it's empowering; when men do it's sexism. You were out when the PC memo went round, weren't you?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I find the term "Tramp Stamp" demeaning. I prefer the term "Ass Antlers". I think it has much more class. Discuss.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I find the term "Tramp Stamp" demeaning. I prefer the term "Ass Antlers". I think it has much more class. Discuss.
i'll bet you do.

(me rushes to infer thoroughly unsubstantiated "ass antlers" adorning madam b's lower back).
Old 12-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'll bet you do.

(me rushes to infer thoroughly unsubstantiated "ass antlers" adorning madam b's lower back).
No "Antlers" for me. But what do you think of this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tatoo.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	18916  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
No "Antlers" for me. But what do you think of this:
paaa hahahaha !!!!!!!!!

dear god, i almost choked to death on my tea when i saw that. i really should know better.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
dear god, i almost choked to death on my tea when i saw that. i really should know better.
Do Cafepress offer keyboard covers or monitor signs as options?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Do Cafepress offer keyboard covers or monitor signs as options?
they're crazy not to, they'd make a fortune from the llounge llamas allone.