Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #256
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
SYNC is showing its list of free summer downloads.

I don't see a dedicated page yet, but the navigation bar shows "SYNC'13 Classic Titles" and "SYNC'13 YA Titles." Under each one there's a drop-down list of the books; you can find descriptions and dates of free availability for each of the titles.

It's early, but I just thought I'd mention it in case someone's planning to purchase a book that will later be free.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #257
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Mods: Please Delete

Last edited by Loosheesh; 04-12-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #258
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021

ETA: They have The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place! So psyched

(I made a hash of my comment )

Last edited by Loosheesh; 04-12-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #259
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
[QUOTE=Catlady;2480403]SYNC is showing its list of free summer downloads.

Thanks, Catlady! I followed the Sync freebies last year, and picked up some really nice audiobooks for my godaughter (....and for me, too).
I'm not familiar with the YA titles for this year, but I'm sure there's some good stuff there. In last year's program, I liked the way they paired a current title with a "classic" title.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #260
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
SYNC is showing its list of free summer downloads.

I don't see a dedicated page yet, but the navigation bar shows "SYNC'13 Classic Titles" and "SYNC'13 YA Titles." Under each one there's a drop-down list of the books; you can find descriptions and dates of free availability for each of the titles.

It's early, but I just thought I'd mention it in case someone's planning to purchase a book that will later be free.
Thanks for the heads up

I've been following them and planned on adding them to the OP on 15 Apr; when their list was to be posted. Looks like they jumped the gun a bit with a sneak preview.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #261
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
In last year's program, I liked the way they paired a current title with a "classic" title.
They've been doing that for several summers now and they'll be doing it again this year.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #262
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Radio Archives: Strange Detective Mysteries (code= forums or audiobook)

Thanks for the tip about using caps. I'll add a note to the OP.

BTW, both "Frankenstein" and "Strange Detective Mysteries" still work for me in lower case.
lower case on Frankenstein worked for me, as well, but more than one person had an issue and had to use all caps. May have been a temporary glitch, but I thought it was odd.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #263
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Do these whispersync books require that the ebook and audiobook be on the same device to be synced? Do they support all kindles (have the the K2)?
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #264
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Do these whispersync books require that the ebook and audiobook be on the same device to be synced? Do they support all kindles (have the the K2)?
They don't need to be on the same device. For more information, click here.

Supported reading devices:
  • Kindle
  • Kindle Keyboard
  • Kindle Touch
  • Kindle Paperwhite
  • Kindle Fire
  • Kindle Apps
Supported listening devices:
  • Audible for iPhone
  • Audible for Android
  • Audible on Kindle Fire
  • Audible on Kindle Touch
  • Audible on Kindle Keyboard
Old 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #265
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

SYNC has posted it's schedule for this year's free audiobooks. The program starts 30 May and you do not need an account to get them. Sync has been added to the OP.

Sync Schedule for Summer 2013

Quote:
SYNC is a program that gives away two complete audiobook downloads–a current Young Adult title paired thematically with a Classic or Required Summer Reading title–each week to listeners ages 13+ while SYNC is in session.

SYNC is in session this year from May 30 – August 21, 2013.

Titles are delivered through the OverDrive Media Console. You can prepare for the program by downloading the software to your desktop and whichever device you anticipate listening on.
edit: I started a separate thread for this topic -- SYNC - Free Audiobooks for Summer 2013

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-14-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #266
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Just a reminder that Audible's Buy 4, Get $10 promo is still going on and will expire in two weeks. There are many ways of getting those four audiobooks. You can use any combination of credits, member discounts, sale prices, or Whispersync purchases to get there. Just remember, that you get credited for a qualifying purchase if the regular price is $14.95 or more. It doesn't matter what you paid for it; even if you got it free.

As for me, I qualified in a matter of minutes by purchasing four Whispersync Classics for $0.99 each. When I get my $10 credit, I'll buy another 10 of those $0.99 Classics. In the end, those 14 audiobooks will cost me a mere $4 total.

For those interested in some low cost options, here are some Whispersync links to many audiobooks that would qualify for the $10 credit:
Note: Whispersync purchases require the purchase of the corresponding Kindle book first. In the case of the 54 classic titles (above), all of the Kindle books are free; since they're public domain.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #267
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Just a reminder that Audible's [B]Just remember, that you get credited for a qualifying purchase if the regular price is $14.95 or more. It doesn't matter what you paid for it; even if you got it free.
The last time they had a similar promotion, you were supposed to be able to get 2 $10 credits by buying 8 audiobooks. I tried buying two using my credits, and taking 6 free Whispersync for Voice classics. They all had a regular price of greater than $14.95. They didn't give me the $20 (or even $10).
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #268
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamborine View Post
The last time they had a similar promotion, you were supposed to be able to get 2 $10 credits by buying 8 audiobooks. I tried buying two using my credits, and taking 6 free Whispersync for Voice classics. They all had a regular price of greater than $14.95. They didn't give me the $20 (or even $10).
I think the Whispersync thing happened to me once. I remember calling Audible to get them to issue me my $10 credit. Don't remember the details though.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #269
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I think the Whispersync thing happened to me once. I remember calling Audible to get them to issue me my $10 credit. Don't remember the details though.
Where would the credit show up? I don't think I was issued one, though I bought 4 books whose regular price was over 14.95.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #270
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
Where would the credit show up? I don't think I was issued one, though I bought 4 books whose regular price was over 14.95.
They won't issue the credits until the current promo is over; and no later than 05 May. I was talking about a previous promo.