Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
overlof
overlof began at the beginning.

Device: Amazn Kindle 3 WiFi +3G (OS 3.1)
Question PDF to MOBI conversion for kindle 3 (keyboard) problem.

Hello!
I have a very disappointing problem with calibre pdf to mobi conversion.
I have a book in pdf format. It is not easy to read in PDF on my kindle, really.
So I converted the book from PDF to MOBI and now I have this problem http://goo.gl/WYi8W
As you can see there are space between each two string on each page...
How to remove that space? It's wasting my screen area too much!
overlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool PDF to MOBI conversion for kindle 3 (keyboard) problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlof View Post
Hello!
I have a very disappointing problem with calibre pdf to mobi conversion.
I have a book in pdf format. It is not easy to read in PDF on my kindle, really.
So I converted the book from PDF to MOBI and now I have this problem http://goo.gl/WYi8W
As you can see there are space between each two string on each page...
How to remove that space? It's wasting my screen area too much!
First off, PDF is the least desirable eBook format to attempt to convert. Many people don't even acknowledge PDF as an eBook format.

I think you can use a work-a-round to help you though. If your PDF will print successfully to a printer, then you might be able to get better results by trying this:

Your problem is a common one when you attempt to convert certain PDFs that are generated by certain (presently which ones do this is unknown to me) PDF generating software. Try printing the afflicted PDF with PDFCreator installed (choose PDFCreator as your destination printer) which will create a new PDF file (this action doesn't output anything to your printer) and then convert this new PDF file. I hope this work-a-round helps.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert