Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free (Smashwords/Sony/Kindle) After the Fire by Kathryn Shay

Here's the Smashwords link. It's not in all formats, but Calibre seems to have dealt just fine with that.

Quote:
From Booklist
The Malvaso family has more than its share of firefighters, and when three of them--Jenn, Mitch, and Zach--almost lose their lives in a disastrous inferno, they change their views of the universe and their places in it. Jenn, a single woman living a platonic existence with Grady, her fellow firefighter and best friend, decides to have a baby. Mitch tries to make a go of his failing marriage and be a better father. Zach, too, has to get past a ruined relationship and fight many demons of his own. This powerful, emotionally realistic book is the first of Shay's new trilogy about the men and women who put their lives on the line every day and how that dedication and commitment affect all those around them. Poignant and compelling, this novel reinforces Shay's well-earned reputation as a first-rate storyteller. Shelley Mosley
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved
Product Description
Detective Megan Hale comes to Hidden Cove, leaving behind painful memories of her policeman husband killed in the line of duty. But when she meets fireman Mitch Malvaso, Megan's heart is set ablaze-even if it knows the risks.

Last edited by Britomart; 06-08-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: wanted to add further information
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
Free from Sony too.
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks so much!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Now free on Kindle:
After The Fire (On The Line, Nothing More To Lose)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks I grabbed the Kindle version and saw her Trust in me is on sale for 99 cents so I picked that up as well.
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I picked this up for my Mom from Amazon. I know it's free, but this has to be the worst formatting I've seen in an ebook in a while. There basically is no formatting; no cover, no TOC, no chapters, no section breaks. The whole thing it just run together.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Not many Self publish novels on Amazon have a TOC. I would download the RTF at Smashwords or do a htmlz in Calibre and edit it in Word or open office. A regex seach for all caps "[A-Z]{3,}" should help you find the chapters and section breaks to mark them. Once done save then reimport into Calibre and that will add the breaks for you.

Edit: I take it back. I tried straighten all the styles out in Word but there are too many issues with different font sizes, indentation and styles in the weirdest places. I finally just imported it into Book Designer to get rid of the odd fonts styles and sizes. I marked the Chapter headers and added some soft breaks and saved. I then used Notepad2 changing the Div tags to paragraph tags and removing the justification. I used Calibre to add indentation and a working TOC. So now I have readable copy with good formatting.

Trust in Me which I paid for was the same way.

Last edited by Blossom; 06-14-2011 at 04:40 PM.