sHiN3
sHiN3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Boox Leaf, Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation 2.0-RC1 Firmware is out! [June 3]

update-dr800sg-verizon-0603.zip

http://updates.irexnet.com/beta/dr80...rizon-0603.zip

Can't wait to try it!

Changelog I've found:
1. Multi-language support, but only Euro langs.
2. PDF: Zooming shortcut on bottom status bar. Now you can easily switch from Fit on screen, Selection Zoom & Pan.

Big Big Bug:
PDF: Right side of page will be cut off a little, if content is too near the right edge, you won't see it!!

Last edited by sHiN3; 06-03-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Renew
sHiN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHiN3 View Post

Can't wait to try it!
There seems to be one for every hardware version (DR800S, DR800SG, DR1000) here is the root folder for beta downloads
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
More info here: http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2010/06/03...tware-release/ (DR1000S) and http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2010/06/03...tware-release/ (DR800SG)
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Ya just got the alert myself but don't have my DR to test it until later today. Hope it helps with the light font issue I have with .pdf's
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Just been playing with it on my DR1000 for about an hour. My very early feedback:

Pros:
- Page turning on cached (i.e. previously viewed) pages seems to be a lot faster. I can't see much improvement on non-cached pages though (in fact, see cons below).
- Contrast is much improved, so that faint text that was hard to read on the beta is now very legible. I would say contrast is as good as the old 1.7 release, which is great.

Cons:
- All my notes and scribbles from the beta version are now misaligned - they are no longer in the same place on the page and even have a different pen thickness. This is particularly troubling where I had underlined or circled words - since I now just have circles and lines at random places on the page. This was a serious disappointment since I have made notes on hundreds of pages since the beta release. Having said that, I did know the beta was a beta, so cannot complain too much.
- Page turns in portrait mode for non-cached pages do not seem to be faster. They seem, in fact, to be slightly slower, but that may be my imagination. In landscape mode the situation is worse in that pages turns for some documents are now much slower than before - in fact, sometimes they may even be hanging the system (twice in the past hour I have rebooted the device because a page turn was taking more than two minutes).
[Very minor] The rotate icon (which I use frequently) is no longer on the toolbar, and has been replaced with a page thumbnails icon (which I never use).

So, I have mixed feelings. The improved contrast is a help, but not at the price of the cons. I am going to switch back to the beta release (if I can).

EDIT: I successfully went back to the beta release, and to my joy all my notes and scribbles are back where they should be.

Last edited by SplogSplog; 06-03-2010 at 11:37 AM.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
have they fixed the antialias and contrast of the text?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
have they fixed the antialias and contrast of the text?
Yes. The contrast is much better. See my very preliminary feedback above.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
After trying it, I can say that the contrast is much much better than in previous release, but it is far far away from 1.71 version.

I dont know how they do it to make a great feature one of the worse of the device in the new releases. I cant simply understand.

Last edited by whopper; 06-03-2010 at 11:47 AM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
AlpGlide
Connoisseur
AlpGlide began at the beginning.

Device: dr900
Yes, big bug, both right and bottom of page is cut off a little in my device.
still has to keep changing zoom status to read a pdf file?
I am kind of disappointed now.
AlpGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #10
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHiN3 View Post

Can't wait to try it!

Changelog I've found:
1. Multi-language support, but only Euro langs.
2. PDF: Zooming shortcut on bottom status bar. Now you can easily switch from Fit on screen, Selection Zoom & Pan.

Big Big Bug:
PDF: Right side of page will be cut off a little, if content is too near the right edge, you won't see it!!

hehe my infos were quite right guys..
and you still don't know other big upcoming news..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #11
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
The menu bar cuts off the bottom of PDF files. Very annoying and page margin adjustments dont seem to help. Working out how to change page size (as in canvas size ala photoshop) in Adobe Acrobat without much luck.

Other than that I am happy with this RC
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #12
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Just installed and tried on some PDF files, the feeling is mixed:

Pros:
Within all the mentioned improvements on the official blog, page turning speed for scanned PDF is indeed improved, stylus is not that super sensitive as in the beta firmware.

Cons:
1. PDF cut-off on the right side and bottom side. See attached pdf file along with the actual effect.
2. Zoom level of documents got screwed up. If you have a PDF file viewed in zoom mode in the beta firmware, open it now in the RC1 firmware, it is probably 2x of the original zoom level.
3. Flipbar in pan mode is still miserable. Maybe IREX thinks this is not as important as other bugs/features? All I want is: in pan mode, when the bottom of a file is met, pushing the flipbar forward should turn to the top of next page. Not a complicate change at all.
4. Why do I have to set the date and time on every reboot?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_00029(1).jpg
Views:	424
Size:	600.1 KB
ID:	52715  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pdf_margin.pdf (252.6 KB, 295 views)
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
el.
3. Flipbar in pan mode is still miserable. Maybe IREX thinks this is not as important as other bugs/features? All I want is: in pan mode, when the bottom of a file is met, pushing the flipbar forward should turn to the top of next page. Not a complicate change at all.
Damn.. it would even suffice that they enable a continuous page view mode like it is in dr1000s with beta firmware..
I think that at this point someone should hack the firmware to see where the difference with dr1000 is and enable it even on dr800..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Just installed and tried on some PDF files, the feeling is mixed:

Pros:
Within all the mentioned improvements on the official blog, page turning speed for scanned PDF is indeed improved, stylus is not that super sensitive as in the beta firmware.

Cons:
1. PDF cut-off on the right side and bottom side. See attached pdf file along with the actual effect.
2. Zoom level of documents got screwed up. If you have a PDF file viewed in zoom mode in the beta firmware, open it now in the RC1 firmware, it is probably 2x of the original zoom level.
4. Why do I have to set the date and time on every reboot?
I agree, but 2 must not be a problem, beta is for intrepid testers anyway
And I don't observe your 4th here.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
Cooldragon,

concerning point 4:
check the dr.ini file in the x:\System folder
see if it is write protected, if so disable that attribute
also open it with wordpad (or another editor, NOT notepad)
if there is an entry there that says: /apps/er/sys/global/is_first_boot=true
change that into /apps/er/sys/global/is_first_boot=false

points 1 & 2 are probably related...
but you're right about the cut off at the bottom and the right.

Last edited by pauli; 06-03-2010 at 03:37 PM.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote